SWFA scopes

Definitely not tasco. The original 10x42 super sniper originated at tasco but they sold off the name many years ago and the scope was upgraded by swfa and put back to market by swfa, The ss line now includes a hole range of optics and has nothing to do with tasco.

It's rather interesting in how many people will incorrectly post that it's made by tasco.

Also SWFA has their own forum

Right now swfa has a demo b for sale on their sample list.

Yep......do something right and no one remembers............Buy something off of someone else who has done wrong and fix it, warranty it, sell it dirt cheap and stand behind it and still............no one forgets.

I had a tasco world class plus 10x40x50 $200 scope 10 years ago.
What a miserable piece of junk.
It broke and it took 2 years to get replaced.

I have a SWFA SS20 that looks like the exact same Asian turret knobs as the tasco, but much worse quality than the Tasco.

It is possible that someone might be able to see a target on a very bright day, but the exit pupil is so tiny that the scope is unusable. A 42mm Objective and 20X should make a fine exit pupil, but I believe that lens misalignment has reduced this one to near nothing.

There was one other guy on the internet with the same scope and the same problem.
Other than that, there seems to be a hundred guys on the internet very happy with their SS scopes.

I have one and as far as clarity goes i love it. Mirage is a problem where i am from but it does well @ 1000 which is as far as ive taken it to date. The only thing i am not thrilled with is the reticle. It takes some getting used to. Other then that it tracks well holds a good zero and the parallax is great. Some have complaints that the turret does not rest on the line during rotation but mine seems fine.

The reticle is my fav. behind tmr with open center.But I like the 10 mil spacing better than 5

Jeff quinn at gun blast. Has a page talking about the super sniper sold by swfa. He says its made by tasco. I dont care who makes it all the review says its awsome.. think iam gona buy one..

I was pounding lead out of my norma this weekend. I shot a icicle at 1043 that was the width of a mil dot.Ilove the scope for the $.I am getting a throw ring for variable,not convvenient with gloves.Glass is great.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.