Nikon Black FX 1000 series scopes v.s. similar SWFA scopes

Litehiker

Nikon has a new line of medium-low priced tactical/competition scopes out from $600. to $800.

You can get FFP, mil/mil or MOA/MOA turrets and reticles, side focus and zero lock. Pretty good for that price.

(I have an SWFA 3 - 15 x 42 scope for my Ruger American Predator. My SWFA scope has very good glass**, FFP, mil/mil, and side focus but no locking zero or setting lock.) :eek:(
**I would say my SWFA scope glass is every bit as good as my much more expensive Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 tactical scope.

So after inquiring at a few reputable optics shops the upshot is that SWFA seems to have an edge in quality with better glass and internals than the Nikon scopes.

Anyone have any experience with these new Nikon Black FX series?

Eric B.

I have had two fixed power and about to get a 3-15 in. The fella that makes them is TimK on Snipershide, just google zero stop shims SWFA (or something equivalent). He sells them on eBay for $22.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.