Scope Rings for SWFA Rifle Scopes?

I'm not sure what you mean; are you asking about the SWFA brand of rings or what rings will work on an SWFA scope? I have several SWFA scopes and I have used mostly Burris XTR's on them and that has been a great combo for me. I have also used Vortex and Weaver without a problem. Any quality 30mm ring will be fine. I have an SWFA SSALT mount on my AR-15; it is really similar to a Burris PEPR mount.

+1 for the Burris rings. You don't need to lap them for great performance. No ring marks if you decide to upgrade/change glass.

Signature's, XTR signature's with the inserts. The straight XTR's without the inserts should be lapped. If for no other reason than to confirm they are aligned. As should any other ring that doesn't have the insert.
Can you run a ring without lapping? Yes. Should you with precision expectations, especially at distance? You will have to answer that for yourself.

I was wondering what height rings for the Burris XTR'so? ? As I will be putting them on a SWFA SS 10x42mm Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope and on a EGW picitinny rail with 20MOA angle ?

Thanks,
375rifleman

The lowest ones are still a touch higher than I like With a ammo carrier cheek riser I still need to put a 1/2" of foam under it. Obviously an adjustable would work fine

Unfortunately around me the only Burris Xtreme Tactical Signature Scope Rings available WITH INSERTS are MEDIUM HEIGHT would this work for my application or would I be better off getting the Burris Xtreme Tactical Scope Rings LOW HEIGHT WITHOUT INSERTS and then lapping them ?

375rifleman

If your going to have to lap the rings anyway swfa rings would be a more cost effective choice. I would contact them with your set up for the ring with the tightest clearance. Low burris should be fine with the 42mm objective with the sunshade. But your giving them and extra Jackson for arguably nothing over the swfa rings. The insert rings are imho the upgrade. They offer 20 moa of cant no lapping and no ring marks on your scope tube. But the height issue is an issue if your using a 40-42mm ob.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.