Swfa response to closing question.

mac426

So I asked SWFA if they were closing. This is the response I got. They said it was fine if I posted their response.

SWFA, Inc. is a family owned and operated business, specializing in hunting and shooting related products since 1973. In the 1970's we had a single retail location, in the 1980's and 1990's we were a traveling company (roughly 110 gun shows per year), in the 2000's we transformed into a mail-order operation, in 2014 we went back to operating a retail store alongside of our mail order operation. We've always evolved with the market and technology.

During this timeline for SWFA, Inc., an unforeseen fork in the road occurred in 1994 when we acquired the exclusive rights to the "Super Sniper" riflescope line of optics. The line consisted of four models (10x42, 10x42M, 16x42 and 20x42). SWFA, Inc. had always treated the Super Sniper products as it did other product lines by offering them for sale as a retailer.

As years went by, we expanded the line to include a 6x42, 12x42, as well as scope rings and mounts. In 2010, we developed our patented Mil-Quad reticle to be an improvement over the standard USMC Mil-Dot reticle. Prior to marketing the new reticle concept, we officially took complete ownership of the "Super Sniper" line of scopes. The first thing we did was start our own branding by developing the logo and changing the name from "Super Sniper" to "SWFA-SS". We expanded the line further by introducing four new HD models (10x42HD, 1-4xHD 3-9xHD, 5-20xHD). As the SWFA-SS line of optics continued expanding, so did the need for resources to keep up with the growing SWFA-SS brand.

As of today, SWFA, Inc. is in the process of transitioning from being a retailer of many different brands, to solely being a manufacturer/retailer of our in house line of products in order to fully concentrate resources to the continued growth, expansion, and success of the SWFA-SS brand.

Regards,

Wendy
Customer Service/ Accounting Manager

You're welcome Jungle. I just wanted to give them the opportunity to explain the speculation. So, I decided to reach out. I think they helped a lot of people enter into the long game. Glad they are keeping the SS line. Hope to see some updated scopes as well in the future.

I actually like that. I can buy the rest of those brands elsewhere. That said, the SS is a rock solid scope with usable glass, turrets and reticles. If they were to keep the bomb proof nature of them and work on the older reticle. average glass and lack of zero stop, could be amazing.

I vote to implement an Arken style Zero Stop and a tree reticle…..skip illumination!

So I asked SWFA if they were closing. This is the response I got. They said it was fine if I posted their response.

SWFA, Inc. is a family owned and operated business, specializing in hunting and shooting related products since 1973. In the 1970's we had a single retail location, in the 1980's and 1990's we were a traveling company (roughly 110 gun shows per year), in the 2000's we transformed into a mail-order operation, in 2014 we went back to operating a retail store alongside of our mail order operation. We've always evolved with the market and technology.

During this timeline for SWFA, Inc., an unforeseen fork in the road occurred in 1994 when we acquired the exclusive rights to the "Super Sniper" riflescope line of optics. The line consisted of four models (10x42, 10x42M, 16x42 and 20x42). SWFA, Inc. had always treated the Super Sniper products as it did other product lines by offering them for sale as a retailer.

As years went by, we expanded the line to include a 6x42, 12x42, as well as scope rings and mounts. In 2010, we developed our patented Mil-Quad reticle to be an improvement over the standard USMC Mil-Dot reticle. Prior to marketing the new reticle concept, we officially took complete ownership of the "Super Sniper" line of scopes. The first thing we did was start our own branding by developing the logo and changing the name from "Super Sniper" to "SWFA-SS". We expanded the line further by introducing four new HD models (10x42HD, 1-4xHD 3-9xHD, 5-20xHD). As the SWFA-SS line of optics continued expanding, so did the need for resources to keep up with the growing SWFA-SS brand.

As of today, SWFA, Inc. is in the process of transitioning from being a retailer of many different brands, to solely being a manufacturer/retailer of our in house line of products in order to fully concentrate resources to the continued growth, expansion, and success of the SWFA-SS brand.

Regards,

Wendy
Customer Service/ Accounting Manager
That's cool I have 4 of their
scopes and they have been great