Swfa

Is there enough difference in the 10x42 ss and the HD 10x42 ss to justify the price difference? Am I correct to assume the internals are the same just HD glass as opposed to their standard glass?

The internals are not the same, The HD has the same internals as the HD5-20x50. glass is better, but I have never felt wanting for more or shorted when using the non HD 3-15, so much so that I bought a second one. I have not looked through the 10x but I have 3 5-20x 50 HD and 2 3-15x42, the 3-15 are not HD but are still a very nice scope. I would probably go a 3-15x42 be fore I went an 10x HD or a !0x non HD. 3-15 is great for hunting and no problem out to 1000yrds and more.I love the 5-20x50 HD's. A lot of people keep asking for a 3-15x42 HD. I looked through 2 vortex viper LRH 4-16 side by side to my 3-15 SWFA and the SWFA's we noticeably better glass, and the higher you cranked the power the more you noticed, the vortex was hazy compared to the SWFA, and they were 2 brand new vortex at the same time so I ruled out just a bad scope.they are defiantly built tougher than the vortex viper too, both tube and turrets.

Check this out, just goes to show that a lot of the scopes out there are made in one factory to someones specs and then branded, a lot of people give the SWFA's SS a bad wrap because they associate them with Tasco. But Tasco didn't build scopes, just like a lot of brands, they have them built buy a company, and that company may build scopes for 30 or 40 different names. Tasco had these built to mil spec for a contract, and the navy did buy and use a bunch. Now look at the pics in this link and open up the link in the add to snipers hide and read about the Bousch and Lomb. That B&L is the same scope as the SWFA 10x HD. Made in the same factory just branded Different. I wonder what people would have said about the scopes if they were just associated with B&L and not Tasco? SWFA just bought the rights to the scope from Tasco, as they probably did with B&L and made it there HD line. Either way both scopes are still built to Milspec, they even have the Military ID numbers or destination numbers that were given during the bidding for the military contract, and they still have to be made to those standards to have the # on them. Back in the day, Before SWFA bought the rights, these 10x non HD scopes were selling for about $899.00 and people were buying them and coming back for more at that price. SWFA bought the rights,cut out the middle man and offer them at a lower price. The ting I was most worried about and caused me to put off buying one for a year, was I was worried about the warranty and if they would stand buy there product. I did have to send a scope back and they sent me a new scope, they were very accommodating.Im the type thatches to see a product in my hands before I buy, but Im glad I took the chance and ordered,only thing I wish they would do is put zero stops and make a 3-15 HD version,lol. And no I don't work for them just a happy customer who was in your shoes and leary of something I had never got to look through before bought.Good luck and enjoy.
Bausch & Lomb 62-1040 For M25 | Shooters' Forum

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.