Swarovski X5i vs SB Exos vs NF NX8 vs Zeiss V6

Opinions on this one are all over the place and i imagine personal preference will be the deciding factor.

I have had 2 S&B and I tried really hard to like them and just don't.

That being said, I have about a dozen Swarovski and I like the Z6i and Z8i the best. I have two X5i and I truly feel I lose 5-7 minutes of light at the end of the day compared to the Z6 and Z8. I will not have a hunting scope without illuminated reticle as it was the only reason I was able to take my last two nice bucks.
Totally agree on the illuminated reticle. I currently have a S&B Exos 3-21, but am having trouble getting used to the "bulkiness". But with so many opinions pointing me back towards the NF ATACR in 34mm, I might want to try and stick it out. The S&B doesn't have the elevation travel of the NF, but it will get me to 1000yds with the 28 Nosler, and is almost identical in size and weight.

Looking for opinions: I currently have a SB Exos 3x21 which I really want to love, but am struggling with the bulk and lack of elevation travel. I have had it on a 6.5 PRC with 22" bbl and AG Comp Alpine Hunter stock and it was too top heavy/unbalanced. Weight is also a factor, but not my primary care. I am having a custom 28 Nosler built for a "lighter" elk hunting rifle that will also get a decent amount of range time. Rifle will land in the high 6-low 7lb range with a 24" CF barrel. I would like to stay +/- 9.5lbs (or less) with optics and 11oz suppressor, but am more concerned with a balanced rifle that "carries" well. I have a Zeiss V6 that has great glass, turrets, and weight, but am not really excited about the thick reticle lines and lack of illumination. I like the glass, illuminated reticle, and weight of my Swaro Z6, but I would like a turret with numbers I can dial vs the BT. Right now my top choices are a NF NX8 in 2.5-20 or the Swaro X5i (That is currently on sale for $2200). Any experience with these scopes or other options would be appreciated. I have been a big fan of Swaro, but not sure why the X5i is discounted so heavily (33%). I am also a fan of the NF, and have a 4x32. Just looking for something less bulky. Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling!
You can get a dial turret at Kenton industries Just go to Their website Plug in your balistics and send them the money.

Most people are looking for a good balance and lightweight hunting rifle like yourself, and they rarely get to hunt more than a few days a year and most of the work with a rifle is at the range and any of the scopes will work, if you're looking for a extremely durable scope with all the bells and whistles the NF ATACR is the scope for you but it weighs 10 ounces too much for my liking, I currently have seven NX8 F1 4-32x50 model 624 scopes and have sold all the others. I mostly use the scope in the 4-20 range for shooting and above 24-32 for zooming in on game for a better look and leave spotting scope at home if you need to cut alot of weight.

Looking for opinions: I currently have a SB Exos 3x21 which I really want to love, but am struggling with the bulk and lack of elevation travel. I have had it on a 6.5 PRC with 22" bbl and AG Comp Alpine Hunter stock and it was too top heavy/unbalanced. Weight is also a factor, but not my primary care. I am having a custom 28 Nosler built for a "lighter" elk hunting rifle that will also get a decent amount of range time. Rifle will land in the high 6-low 7lb range with a 24" CF barrel. I would like to stay +/- 9.5lbs (or less) with optics and 11oz suppressor, but am more concerned with a balanced rifle that "carries" well. I have a Zeiss V6 that has great glass, turrets, and weight, but am not really excited about the thick reticle lines and lack of illumination. I like the glass, illuminated reticle, and weight of my Swaro Z6, but I would like a turret with numbers I can dial vs the BT. Right now my top choices are a NF NX8 in 2.5-20 or the Swaro X5i (That is currently on sale for $2200). Any experience with these scopes or other options would be appreciated. I have been a big fan of Swaro, but not sure why the X5i is discounted so heavily (33%). I am also a fan of the NF, and have a 4x32. Just looking for something less bulky. Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling!
ill just add my 2 cents. i would seriously look at leopold mk k 5 and vx 6 line. i have all the others as well. i have mk 5 3.5 8 on my 28. shot game to 1046 yds. tough as nails, gr8 optics, 35 mm tube limits ring choice, had to change stock to adj comb, but love it. vx 6 7 -42 on my 375 cheytac. unbelievable glass, and has held up for over 1000 rds downrange. nf good stuff, just more $. zeiss the same.

Very good point! I will be using this rifle on a once-in-a-lifetime trophy elk hunt this November, and I have heard the same "Will not fail you" over and over again about the NF. I have a NF NX8 4-32, and have had 0 issues with it, as well as a Swaro Z6, but I have never had either of those scopes in a situation that I would consider "tested". Since you have convinced me (Or at least confirmed what I was already feeling) about the NF, do you have any experience with the ATACR? I am leaning very heavily towards the NX8 2.5-20, but have never looked through the ATACR glass and was curious if it was worth the additional $ and weight.
You can order the mil turret from Outdoorsman's for the Z6. Great hunting weight scope and they track exceptionally well.

If OP feels the exos 3-21 is lacking in elevation than he's definitely going to feel like that with a Swarovski z6 and z8. Exos I believe has a little over 38 moa and or 15mils.

Make sure the state you are hunting in allows illuminated reticles.

If OP feels the exos 3-21 is lacking in elevation than he's definitely going to feel like that with a Swarovski z6 and z8. Exos I believe has a little over 38 moa and or 15mils.
Thanks for the input and I agree that the 37 MOA is enough, I was just trying to point out the differences between scopes of relative size and weight.

Every scope has some compromise in the mix. NF has weight and so/so glass. Leupold has tracking concerns. Swarovski has tracking and durability concerns. SB has weight and elevation concerns as well as cost. Zeiss has tracking and large ocular interference issues. ZCO and TT have primarily cost concerns but also weight. March has uncapped windage and some cost concerns. This makes it tough on a guy looking for a perfect scope and does not want to pay over $3k.

I own Leupold, Burris-both Old & New School, Nightforce NXS 8-32×, Meopta spotter and an ancient Weaver 4x. I've had great service with them all. My newer scopes are the NF 8-32× & Burris XTR2 FFP H59 6-20×. The NF & Burris are heavy, illumination is bright on the NF and dim on the Burris. The glass is bright and clear. My Meopta Meopro 20-60× is built like an Abrams Tank.... strong, heavy, great glass for LR spotting. I thought it was better, when I compared it to a Vortex Razor several years ago, so I bought it(didn't feature fine tuning). I've been looking at the Meopta Optika6. It may be my next purchase... but I'm not sure because I haven't checked one out yet. That leaves my Leupolds. They are the lightest and have wonderful eye relief, yet don't exhibit the awesome field of view that my Burris scopes provide. The only logical suggestion is to check them out, compare, then see which one(s) fit you and your budget the best. I would choose a high power Nightforce over the excellent S&B. I've used both, and that ATACR is hard to beat. Maybe the FFP NX8?