Swaro Z5 zeroing issues

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But if you by a cheap suppressor your POI will change significantly. If this happens then that suppressor will be dedicated to that gun. Yes I know it sucks cause suppressors are not cheap. When they sell those thangs they need to put in big bold letters " THIS SUPPRESSOR WILL CHANGE YOUR POI " Their are suppressors out there that don't effect POI and they are only cost a little more. Sometimes they are even less expensive.
How is a cheap suppressor going to change poi differently than a high quality one?

How is a cheap suppressor going to change poi differently than a high quality one?
It has something to do with the way they are built. I wish I new how to build them so I could explain it better. Gun works are building suppressors now that don't change point of impact. There are other ones out there it's just Gunworks are the latest and greatest. Suppressors mess with the harmonics of the barrel do to weight and even the construction type. I know there are ports in the suppressors and if they are not directing properly the gasses equally they can put different pressure points on the bullet as it passes through the suppressor. Thank about a muzzle break. If you hunt with one you want your ports to point out the top and sides. Why not the bottom? It's so you don't blow dust up if you have to shoot while laying on the ground. Now if you are building a bench gun, most people run with ports all the way around cause they shoot from a table. So no bust to worry about. Your cheaper suppressors ports are just drilled straight in to make baffles. Your quality suppressors will direct ports so that the gasses are equal inside the suppressors so that it doesn't push say on just the bottom, top or sides of the bullet. I'm trying to explain it this best I can. Hope it helps. They try and equalize the pressure throwout the suppressor so not to effect the POI of the bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.