Swaro Z5 vs Huskemaw

Nubba0681

Big game hunting/shooting out to 500-800 yds.

Which one and why?

Going on my prc build.

If you've experienced both scopes in dialing, shooting, low light conditions, cold weather and other challenges while hunting, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Although I have no experience with the Huskemaw scopes I can't imagine that Len and Andy would sell them in their Long Range Store if they weren't up to par.

Owning 6 Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44mm BT scopes has proved to me that their tracking is very good. The glass in these scopes is very good and they perform wonderfully well in low light situations.
The only downside I can see is that there is only one revolution on the elevation turret. With a 6.5 PRC shooting 143gr ELD-X factory ammo if you zeroed your rifle at 200 yards the turret would let you get to about 700 yards.

Having handled but not used the Swaro, IMO it's glass appears better, then the Huskemaw which is comparable to the NF NXS. I have used two Huskemaws extensively for about eight years. Tracking precision and reliability with both has been exceptional given the hard and extensive use. It has a nicely weighted reticle with MOA windage markings, and excellent synchronization between focus and parallax with a fast ratio control that has a yardage scale that is actually true. Both of mine utilize "Custom Target Tapes" the combine a yardage scale to 500 yards for the close shots, and MOA scale for long range work.
97B59619-D0F7-4720-8B22-B7AE9A066237.jpeg

I have Swarovski Z3,Z5,Z6 and a X5. I looked through a Husky at the PA hunt show a few years ago when the Best of the West guys had a booth. In the bright light of that room I didn't think the Husky was as clear as a Swaro. I also have a NXS and still think my Swarovski is better glass. I killed a New Mexico cow elk last day last 10 min of light with a Z5. That scope and a nice trigger press let me tag out. Shot was a bit over 400.

If you get the swaro put a 20 m.o.a rail on it you'll need the elevation as stated above if you shoot very far.
I've got a Huskema from Aaron Davidson when he was there while the glass may not be the best out there the tracking is dead nuts on.

The ballistic turret limits you to one rev. I think it's around 14 moa but don't quote me on that. The swaro has better glass for sure, not even a comparison. However I would trust the Husky WAY more dialing then the Z5.

Used 1 of each. Swarovski better glass but I didn't like there dials, it was the one with the three different colored rings can't remember if it was a Z5. Swaro glass is top notch.

Husky I liked the feel, reticle and dials. The owner really liked it and really talked high of there customer service, he puts a lot of their scopes on the guns he build for his customers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.