Suppressor owners question

The question was......after you have a zero with the can, does the POI shift when the can is taken off and RE-INSTALLED ?
True. I see that now. My QD adapters are on several barrels and that particular can transfers with no perceived change in POI with each rifle once zeroed with can. Can't say as to direct thread cans. I presume it all has to do with the symmetry of weight distribution of the can as it affects barrel harmonics. So if the can always aligns the same way, I'd expect no difference. However, at 500 yards out to 1000, atmospherics like wind and density altitude are going to have me on the turrets regardless of what I thought was my hundred yard zero.

True. I see that now. My QD adapters are on several barrels and that particular can transfers with no perceived change in POI with each rifle once zeroed with can. Can't say as to direct thread cans. I presume it all has to do with the symmetry of weight distribution of the can as it affects barrel harmonics. So if the can always aligns the same way, I'd expect no difference. However, at 500 yards out to 1000, atmospherics like wind and density altitude are going to have me on the turrets regardless of what I thought was my hundred yard zero.
Agreed but without a proper and repeatable zero dialing a turret won't help much. If your zero is messed up so is everything else.

I'm betting it is the brake.
The instructions say to shim till the small flat on the break is at TDC and to then have the letters on the can be at TDC. I don't know how, once the break is tight against the BBL, that you can even adjust the can....it is either tight to the brake or it's not....no way to time the can to the break.

I think I will just point and shoot!! Who needs the destructions, anyway!!:)

The instructions say to shim till the small flat on the break is at TDC and to then have the letters on the can be at TDC. I don't know how, once the break is tight against the BBL, that you can even adjust the can....it is either tight to the brake or it's not....no way to time the can to the break.

I think I will just point and shoot!! Who needs the destructions, anyway!!:)
Yeah there is no way to time the can. Just spin it on tight and call it good. Never have nor will I mess with timing the can.