Suppressor and Magnetospeed

86alaskan

For those of you that shoot suppressed, how do you obtain your velocity readings with the can on? Particularly with a Magnetospeed V3, how can it be mounted with the suppressor on? I need to verify my velocity on my 260 with the can.

I use Magnetospeed with suppressors , no problem. Put it on just like you would with barrel. You may have to change the sensitivity level.

For those of you that shoot suppressed, how do you obtain your velocity readings with the can on? Particularly with a Magnetospeed V3, how can it be mounted with the suppressor on? I need to verify my velocity on my 260 with the can.

slide your suppressor cover down, if you run one. Mount the V3 on end of can. Make sure you use silicone protector on the nylon strap so heat from your can doesn't melt the nylon strap.
Use guide rod to ensure you are below the bore and run as normal.

here is one Youtube video I saw with it being used on a can....

[ame]https://youtu.be/X0yMapr25U0[/ame]

Nice, ok. thats kind of what i had imagined. I'll be running it this weekend, i'll post the results. 260rem running 143eldx out of a 22" barrel with sico omega.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.