Suppressor and accuracy

newmexican hunter

Considering ordering a silencerco omega 36m. Plan on using it on a couple 6.5's and a 300 prc. My question is if any of you have had diminished accuracy with this device? I understand there can be a shift in point of impact which is fine. More concerned about long range accuracy for my hunting rifles.
Thank you gentlemen

I haven't here 6.5 prc 200 yards three shot group. Red circle..
4EDB9955-EE2C-4E45-8912-5668C9BA118E.jpeg

You may need to tune a load again when adding a suppressor, but otherwise, I haven't seen any issues with accuracy when using my suppressors.

No issues with accuracy on mine. I use the asr muzzle brake on all my suppressed guns. Granted, they are all ar style rifles. I like the quick attach feature of those brakes, and don't really rely on the brakes for recoil reduction.

I didn't even have to retune my loads, just had to rezero my scope for the different point of impact.

My experience has been the same as everyone prior on this thread. I've maintained the accuracy of shooting without a silencer on. It's just a re-zero or slight load adjustment. Not a big deal at all.

My assumption is that video games typically reduce effective range and/or accuracy when you add a silencer to a firearm. That has been parroted and passed around by those who have had zero real life experience with them. A silencer will not affect the range nor the accuracy of your rifle for any negative aspects besides making your barrel longer (short barrels rule!)

I put an asr brake on all of my rifles and have the adapter on my suppressors. Direct thread can come loose and it'll throw of the harmonics and cause your group to open up. I know from experience.

Do you plan to use the 36M for 9mm? If not I'd look at the omega 300 instead. I shoot my 300 PRC through it and does a better job than my 36M does.

No issues with any of 4 Silencerco cans. (223 Saker, 7.62 Saker, Omega and 46 Hybrid). The only thing I'd suggest is to take a silver or gold sharpie and mark the can and the collar together at exactly the same tightness each time you re-attach it. Or some reference that is repeatable.

I haven't had problems with this, except for a clearly loose can, but I can see it possibly being an issue.

If the 36M and the Omega have the same end cap, (I think they do) you can buy a 223 and 30 cal endcaps for them.

I did this w my 46 Hybrid. I can turn it into a 223 or 30 cal can with a twist of the wrench. I shoot the 46 on everything from different 6.5's up to 45-70. It's a solid can and might be worth a hard look. If I could only have one can, it would be a toss up between the Omega and the 46 Hybrid.

I forgot, with SciCos current BOGO offer, you can get a free Omega! If it's like the last offer, I believe all you have to do is spend $1100. It has to
Be one can or serialized item (lower receiver) and you can add other accessories to get to the $1100 mark. And pay the $200 tax stamp.

I just got one of my free BOGO cans from the December 2021 BOGO deal. It takes a while, but a free can is worth the wait. Anyone who complains about the wait time wasn't serious about getting a can anyway.

I have an Omega 36 that I've run on 204s up to 338. Good versatile can. I've tested it with direct thread and ASR mounts. Both have been repeatable and I haven't bothered to retune loads, as the accuracy has been spot with heavy barrel rifles. I haven't tested that aspect on sporter barrels yet. I run a 22, 7mm, and the stock end cap without issues. I only change the caps if I'm shooting a specific caliber for a length of time.

Just like the other folks, I've only had consistent change in POI, no change in accuracy with many different brands of suppressors. Two of them have not had a change in POI.