suppresor ?

460or338

i know someone one here had a hostory with suppresors ? How hard are they to buy and how long does it usally take ? is 700-900 fps good for sub sonic rounds since such low velocity isnt high BC pills better since they retain their engery farther out ?. is say 500 yards to far for a 330 grain bullet .941 bc At 900 fps
who makes a 375 caliber suppressor?

I know dale at elite iron will build one that works on .375 cal. Elite Iron High Quality Suppressors. I never ran my suppressors sub sonic except on 22 rim fire. It does make my 6.5x47 nice to shoot. no ear plugs needed and leaving the barrel at 2980. It also makes a good quite muzzle break.
Jrigby

cuts down on the noise, your still get the sonic crack, but it changes the sound signature greatly. The 6.5x47 and 308 noise is greatly reduced, it also changes the recoil felt. once you shoot with a suppressor you want go back. the only down side in on large calibers is weight it adds to rifle and changes balance point of the rifle.

well the heaviest gun i have is a h&r 10 ga 9 lbs . the 375 h&h weighs 7.1 with the woodstock but i found they make a left hand stainless synthetic so im guessing it weighs under 7 lbs . supressor weighs about 13-20 oz ? . but i would mostly shooting from prone .what about the supressors with the ported ends ? have you seen those or is it unessary on a supressor .

I am guessing, but for a 375 suppressor you looking at 24-30 oz in weight. the ones I use are not ported on the ends, but these are few years old and things change.

Ported ends are not usually in a suppressor. They can vary a bunch in weight depending on what material they are made out of. Yankee Hill makes a great one and so does STW systems. I would look into both. Your wait time on a form 4 can vary a bunch from 6 weeks to 6 months but they usually get them out withing a few months. Its much easier to get a form 1 and do them yourself it if you have the equipment but a lot of people dont.

You want to keep your loads to about 950 or less because on a hot day they can jump up quickly. It doesnt hurt anything of course if you so super sonic it just makes a sonic crack.

You do want to get the right suppressor for what you are doing because if the volume gets to large for the smaller calibers it can stop working depending on how much powder you are burning and the volume of the bore of the weapon being used.

If you intend on using it on a few different guns then a QD is really nice. All you have to do it get some extra brakes and the can will switch from rifle to rifle in seconds. Get a good cover for it that can take the heat because they will get really hot.

i know someone one here had a hostory with suppresors ? How hard are they to buy and how long does it usally take ? is 700-900 fps good for sub sonic rounds since such low velocity isnt high BC pills better since they retain their engery farther out ?. is say 500 yards to far for a 330 grain bullet .941 bc At 900 fps
who makes a 375 caliber suppressor?

Here in TX it can be 4-6 month to get approved plus $200 federal stamp.
Google ".300 Whisper" and you'll find allot.
Here is how it started: 300 Whisper Page
I have build one and speak from own experience.

im probably not going to considerate it now stw said their m375 suppressor was 1970$ i was thinking along 900-1300$

I call Elite iron and see what they want, I would guess in your price range. Big bore cans come with a big price tag, and big bore light weight cans come with a bigger price tag. Then you have to add the $200 to the feds to top it off. I dont sell elite products at the store since he is local and people can go see him, but he does make nice product and I send people his way when they want large bore suppressors.
Jrigby

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts