Sunday night hogs

WTOBob

I finally got the thermals out and checked the wheat field south of the house around 10pm. Dang if there wasn't a small herd of hogs out in the middle on the east end. About 3/4 miles from me. Grab the 6.8 topped with AGM Secutor and the Deathgrip. I got within 60 yards and let the lead fly. 3 pigs down and one cripple made it to the neighbors. This stuff is too much fun. I also used Pulsar Axiom XM38 for scanning. Very deadly set up.

Attachments

• 98C30BDC-D059-484A-BDF9-C3D774ED0F55.jpeg
    98C30BDC-D059-484A-BDF9-C3D774ED0F55.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 279
  • 0936CB69-62A3-40E4-8E9D-30F03E89B887.jpeg
    0936CB69-62A3-40E4-8E9D-30F03E89B887.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 247
Love killin pigs in any way fashion or form.

I have a spot picked out where I can set up on the cab of my truck an sling the 6 dasher out to 650. Problem is they rarely come out before dark.

Then I shoot from the blind at 200 yards with a light.

Using NV or thermal adds a new level of fun.

Love killin pigs in any way fashion or form.

I have a spot picked out where I can set up on the cab of my truck an sling the 6 dasher out to 650. Problem is they rarely come out before dark.

Then I shoot from the blind at 200 yards with a light.

Using NV or thermal adds a new level of fun.
You can't even imagine. I have both NV and thermal setups. We hunt them day and night

Looks like a lot of fun!
Years ago I lived in central CA just below Sequoia Natl Park. The river bottoms there were swarming with hogs and they were a serious problem for farmers, ranchers and home owners. For example, I had a small 27 acre place and my neighbor was on 25 acres. We were both off-grid 100%, well water, propane and no phone connection to the town, so the luxury of having a well manicured lawn was an extravaganza. Mostly we didn't care.

Anyway, he decides he'd like to have a small grass front lawn so he and his missus could sit outside and see any rattlesnakes sneaking up on them. He decides to go full bore and install a fully automatic underground watering system with sprinklers and drip system...really nice. Then he buys grass sod and his lawn looks beautiful! A few days later he comes home and calls me to come down. The hogs had rooted up about every square inch of his new lawn! There were sprinkler heads still attached to pvc pipes sticking up all over. A lot of them broken off and the damage was incredible. It looked like someone ran a tiller over his lawn and didn't bother to remove the pvc. I had to hide the fact that I was LMAO, but still felt bad for him, of course.:)

Needles to say we'd spend some time in a blind to shoot some of them hogs. During that time we needed a hunting license and tags, up to five. Way back when I was a kid, a hunting license was only 4 bucks and a hog tag was one dollar with no limit. My how things change...
Picture is a head shot with 168gr TTSX out of a 30-'06.

Attachments

• DSCN2944.JPG
    DSCN2944.JPG
    606.2 KB · Views: 142