Stw (Norma brass)

****... kind of what I figured.

Going to be hard to find enough guys that still shoot stw and want to pay $4/pc for brass
No doubt I'm not wanting to pay that either but it's the new normal all brass is gonna to go up some companies are having to have the brass cups shipped from other countries that makes it twice as high
I thought Peterson provided an excellent solution to the cost and shortage of 7MM STW, 8MM RM, .375 H&H, .300 H&H, 358 STA, 416 RM, .300 WBY, .300 Jarrett, etc., with their belted magnum basic brass.
1703333106818.png

I have a hydraulic forming die made by Whidden to allow me to form all of the above-noted cartridges and now Peterson's brass for my .30 LARA wildcat.

I got thinking today... what if we hit grafs inquiring about the stw brass from peterson? They are the primary retailer anyway. If they new there was some demand they might be able to get an order in. I would have to think there's more demand for the stw than there is 6.5 RPM, 7 RUM, 270 Wby and others that Peterson makes?

I got thinking today... what if we hit grafs inquiring about the stw brass from peterson? They are the primary retailer anyway. If they new there was some demand they might be able to get an order in. I would have to think there's more demand for the stw than there is 6.5 RPM, 7 RUM, 270 Wby and others that Peterson makes?
I like where you're going with this!! This is a great idea.

Thats an advantage the 7x300 Wetherby has over the 7 STW.
Just run the standard 300 WBY case thru a 7x300 die and thats it.
As for performance they are about equal.
When i started out, the STW didnt exist, and the 7x300 WBY was very popular among PA long range hunters.
I know a few who when rebarrelling switched over to the ultra mag case, thinking the slight velocity gain might be better.
But i never saw anybody switch to the STW for the same reason.
Bruce Baer uses the 340 Wetherby case for his 284 Baer, but the ballistics are about the same as well.

So far the best I've been able to do is neck up 6.5x300wby peterson brass and fireform it.
Wouldnt it be easier to use regular 300 WBY brass, then just run the neck into your 7 mm die before fire forming?
As i stated in my earlier post, thats the advantage the 7x300 WBY has, brass is easy to get.
And balisticly theres no difference.

A
I thought Peterson provided an excellent solution to the cost and shortage of 7MM STW, 8MM RM, .375 H&H, .300 H&H, 358 STA, 416 RM, .300 WBY, .300 Jarrett, etc., with their belted magnum basic brass.View attachment 524508
I have a hydraulic forming die made by Whidden to allow me to form all of the above-noted cartridges and now Peterson's brass for my .30 LARA wildcat.
Are they still making brass for the 7mm STW because I want to start reloading for my rifle and learning all the tricks.

Wouldnt it be easier to use regular 300 WBY brass, then just run the neck into your 7 mm die before fire forming?
As i stated in my earlier post, thats the advantage the 7x300 WBY has, brass is easy to get.
And balisticly theres no difference.
Yes you can do that as well, but I found that taking a 6.5x300wby and running it in my 7mm mandrel all I have to do is load cow or bullet and fireform. But however one finds it easier I guess.