Stuck elk

Hespco

These elk came onto my place a couple weeks ago wanting to go up & over the mountain behind me. Problem was they arrived to late . Snow way to deep for them to climb out. Good news is the snow is finally starting to melt.I am sick of plowing.
2.25.19%20evening%20elk%20007_zpshi6po5pu.jpg

Yea every zone in Colorado is over 100% of the average and March typically has the most snow. Sad to see, I hope they find food and cover.

Friend in Pueblo, George, said they way below normal for snow, rain, and need some bad. Where you folks at. When I was out there in last two weeks or so of October, was no rain, etc.

It's been years since I've had so much snow. I'm absolutely plowed out. The large section of unit 74 that burned last summer showed new growth this past fall.
Jan%20cat%20001_zpsujnp80gb.jpg
With all this snow new vegetation should be exploding there this summer. The new growth will be a magnet to big game for the next several years. O ya my pet wild bobcat. The home girl. S W Colorado

Last edited:
I know there are ski areas in Wyoming and Idaho that got snow amounts in February that they would typically be happy with for the whole year.

Here in Mud-Virginia we have had so much rain that my eyeballs are floating. Most rain in history. Week after week ever since last summer. Sucks Big time.
My son looks like he will draw a tag in Colorado this year. I stand a good chance of drawing in Wyoming. I'm curious to hear from you guys regarding what kind of winter you have had in the various western states this winter...

Hespco,
How about that Bobcat! Allowing you to take a picture while napping, it appears fairly tame? What's the story on that kitty? Thanks, Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.