Stuck brush wrapped in patch in traditional ml

Troutslayer2

Ok call me stupid I can take it. I was cleaning my Pedersoli which has a smaller breech area than the barrel diameter. I wrapped a .223 brush with a shotgun patch soaked in Butches, ran it down there and gave it a couple turns to get any crud out of that area and the brush snapped off just above where it threads to the rod. I know better but I have a thing about keeping a gun clean. The usual remedies won't really work with this chamber design.

I tried building myself a little brass tool to catch it and pull it out. I tried screwing a stuck ball remover into it but the threads just won't catch. I thought about making a harpoon out of a fishing hook and plunging it in there. I thought about feeding as much pyrodex in there as I felt safe with but it possibly not a good idea because the brush is in there too deep? I can't find an exploded drawing of the barrel so I don't know if that powder I'm putting through the flash hole is going in behind the brush or on the side of it. . I popped a bunch of caps, didn't move it at all.

Any ideas?

Ironically I chose this particular gun because of it's increased breech strength. How will a pro gunsmith do it?

I do already know not to stick a brush down there and I think I will probably remember from now on.

Get a stick of PVC pipe that'll slide down the barrel over the brush. Then take the long wand and a can of Red Devil foam and Fill crack sealer give er a shot down where the brush is at. Wait a day or so. Pull the PVC pipe out with the brush, good luck!

Ok call me stupid I can take it. I was cleaning my Pedersoli which has a smaller breech area than the barrel diameter. I wrapped a .223 brush with a shotgun patch soaked in Butches, ran it down there and gave it a couple turns to get any crud out of that area and the brush snapped off just above where it threads to the rod. I know better but I have a thing about keeping a gun clean. The usual remedies won't really work with this chamber design.

I tried building myself a little brass tool to catch it and pull it out. I tried screwing a stuck ball remover into it but the threads just won't catch. I thought about making a harpoon out of a fishing hook and plunging it in there. I thought about feeding as much pyrodex in there as I felt safe with but it possibly not a good idea because the brush is in there too deep? I can't find an exploded drawing of the barrel so I don't know if that powder I'm putting through the flash hole is going in behind the brush or on the side of it. . I popped a bunch of caps, didn't move it at all.

Any ideas?

Ironically I chose this particular gun because of it's increased breech strength. How will a pro gunsmith do it?

I do already know not to stick a brush down there and I think I will probably remember from now on.
Compressed air, possibly

I ended up having a local gunsmith do it. Cost me $50. It was all the way at the bottom and the flash hole enters the chamber on the side so I'm glad I didn't try to shoot it out. Live and learn