Hammer Bullets in ML

Interested to find out how this works out. I have a Savage 10ML that shoots lights out with saboted 45 XTP's, but it likes the 300 grainers and it is punishing to shoot. Very accurate out to 300, but you can imagine the trajectory, no much room for error between 2-300.

Would most muzzleloaders have the appropriate twist rate to support copper monos ?
Hmmm.
THAT is a good question!!!!

I would assume that the bullet manufacturers would list a twist rate for different weight bullets.

The last thing they would want is people complaining about accuracy issues!!
Hammer list it as 1:30.

Not quite sure I fully understand the above ?

A properly sized bullet should not be a PITA to load. An improperly sized bullet could.
"Rifling to engrave"? Obturation takes place upon ignition.
Ok, so it's a hollow base bullet.

Otherwise even soft copper flat based bullet would barely flare to engage the rifling.

Still nothing??????
Every time I go out to shoot I end up grabbing the bow instead and sitting in my stand. Hunting season happens. I was going to try to shoot these this year but rifle season is about to start and my bow still hasn't seen anything worth shooting.

And now I've ordered a new Remington 700 Ultimate ML just for this.

Every time I go out to shoot I end up grabbing the bow instead and sitting in my stand. Hunting season happens. I was going to try to shoot these this year but rifle season is about to start and my bow still hasn't seen anything worth shooting.

And now I've ordered a new Remington 700 Ultimate ML just for this.
Just send me a couple I'll try them in my accura.

They should shoot great in the MMP .458 sabots. I've been using the .458 sabots with 300 grn barnes tsx bullets for almost 20 years and they have shot good in every ml I've tried them in. Hammers should do even better.

IMG_1877.jpeg

Recent Posts