Stubborn Tikka T3X barrel

One more very important piece of advice-better give your heart to Jesus as your saviour if you are any where near when the trigger is pulled igniting 246 grains of bullseye lol
I know it is a compressed load in a 220 Swift shell, especially with the 405 gr cast, gas checked Line-o-type bullet, but as I was putting my new rubberized high-lift cam, along with the new high compression radiator bolts in my D-15 Cat cowdozer, using my left-hand metric crescent wrench, it came to me that maybe I should switch from 246 grs. of Bullseye to 426 grs. of Unique and a stronger action to handle the pressure. And I am still having trouble figuring out where to put the new blinker fluid in the Cat cowdozer. I am hoping that Mran 10us can help with the crescent wrench! Kidding, I'm kidding.

It's 2020........ this may be the new normal. BTW, little did I know that a simple issue removing a Tikka barrel dissolve to this. It's been a while since I have tackled a rifle project and feels good to get back in the saddle. Thanks for all the ideas and advice.

I spin em off like bigngreen - The key i have found is if that barrel isnt completely secure, regardless of the barreled action your taking apart, you'll have problems!

i use my shop press from years of wrenching. 2 squares of plywood - rosin (or regular old sugar works) ive yet to have one beat me!

most the time they all come off with one good hit with the hammer, sometimes 2.

amazon sells a nice tikka action wrench. ->https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047WMXVQ/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Use the inside action wrench with a 24" breaker bar in combo with a large crescent or box end wrench that fits the outside flats on the action. Twist on the inside wrench then give it a little more with the outside wrench. If you have a helper, have em smack the tenon area with a hammer while you're applying tension with both wrenches. Should break. I've done two actions with this method and both have broke loose without just the two wrenches.

which action wrench are you suggesting? I'd love to hear if a specific one.
Sounds like outside is the way to go for sure. Can you give more information?
Thanks!!

Since your issue wasn't the barrel vise (usually that's the source of frustration, there's a lot of taper with no straight cylinder), get the Brownell's action wrench. The "universal" head that comes with it works fine on the Tikka action.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.