Straight bolt or 11 degree bolt

frostop

In shopping for actions I've notice that some offer a straight and 11 degree bolts.

Does one of those limit your stock choices at all??

All the rifles I've own have been factory actions and I believe that they are 11degree bolts?

Gary

I'm assuming you're referring to the bolt handle? If ordering a stock you just need to specify action and whether you have a straight or swept bolt handle. If buying something already made you may have to do some minor inletting to allow the handle to fit within the notch.

Straight bolt handle gives you a better grip and better leverage in opening the bolt and saves a production step (heating and bending the handle), at the expense of having a longer, slower, more awkward bolt stroke.

The turned down handle is more compact, somewhat faster to operate, and gives you clearance for mounting a telescope sight directly above the receiver.

Straight bolt handle gives you a better grip and better leverage in opening the bolt and saves a production step (heating and bending the handle), at the expense of having a longer, slower, more awkward bolt stroke.

The turned down handle is more compact, somewhat faster to operate, and gives you clearance for mounting a telescope sight directly above the receiver.
Ok,

That makes sense, so most factory bolt handles are 11degree