Stone sheep

Discussion in 'Sheep Hunting' started by Threejs, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Threejs

Threejs Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any first hand experience with an outfitter that hunts stone sheep? I’m trying to plan out a hunt for a couple years out. Probably BC unless there is a really good spot in the Yukon.

Thanks
    JD

2. timberboss

timberboss Member

Look at Kawdy Outfitters- I’ve Moose hunted with them and have a mnt goat hunt booked for 2020 and my partner is doin

3. timberboss

timberboss Member

Kawdy Outfitters excellent hunt

4. Blacksnake0

Blacksnake0 Member

I have never hunted with Colin at Kawdy but meet him a few years ago at DSC and then spent a little time with him at the Sheep Show I believe he is an honest stand up guy. Glad to hear others have the same opinion. I plan to hunt Stone Sheep in a few years and have him at the top of my list for now. I am sure you will hear it from others as well that you should go to sheep show and talk to multiple outfittters.

5. kscowboy01

kscowboy01 Well-Known Member

Stone is next on my list. I would strongly encourage you to go to Sheep Show in Reno and meet with the outfitters. Have a list and visit with all of them. Once they get to know you, it makes it a lot easier for them to want to squeeze you in or possibly add a goat for a free/low trophy fee, as you are in shape and don't seem like a pain in the butt.

6. rodneymoncrief

rodneymoncrief Well-Known Member

Check out North River Outfitting, Ron Nemetchek and Maria Origani. I harvested a really nice Stone Ram in 2016 and a Mtn. Goat billie in 2017. Top Notch operation.

7. WRO

WRO Well-Known Member

Its hard to go wrong with the Lancasters or Nahanni butte..