Stock replacement

jmac603

Hello all,

Been a member here for a bit, mostly read the articles and lurk. I have a Rem. 700 SPS tac. 20" barrel in .308 and I am looking to replace the stock. I like the B&C Tactical Medalist but it looks a little heavy. This is an all purpose rifle. Hunting in the north woods of NH and target shooting. I don't want something too heavy. Budget is up to $500. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jay

Will my sps be able to drop right in to the b&c Alaskan? I was looking at that one on stockys and wasn't sure bc the sps wasn't listed. Thanks for the response.

hello, I have 2 HS Precision on some of my 700s.Ome I had Stocky's put a mercury recoil reducer on a.375HH rem.700.Awesome !! I also have 2 rem.700s (varmint) that have HS stocks that rem.used in the factory guns. Ithink that HS Precesion stocks are great!!.

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I also see the B&C M40 that looks good at about a half pound heavier. Any preference for one or the other (B&C Varmint 2958 vs. the B&C M40) ?

"What sets this stocks apart from the B&C 2958 is the raised monte carlo cheekrest, set ideally for large, powerful scopes; and the flat/round forend for horizontal stability from a rest." - Stockysstocks

I don't shoot rests/bipods alot and I find the flat forends get a bit odd to handle in field positions. Meaning...gripping the forend I don't get as positive of a grip as I do with the rounded forend of a hunting stock.

If it were my rifle I would lean towards the 2958.

If however you shoot mostly from rests or a bipod then the target/tactical stocks are great. And there's no denying the cool factor that accompanies tactical stocks. gun)

I really like the bell and Carlson a3 hook style stock just replaced the Tupper ware stock on a Christensen arms 270 wsm with one and couldn't be happier with it for the task it was designed.

Here is a pic sorry for the quality my good camera has disappeared.

As is in the pic this rifle, bipod , and vortex hst weigh right at 10#

Attachments

• 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks all for the replies, I appreciate it. I think I'm going to save a bit and take my time to ensure I git "exactly" what I want. Too many choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts