Savage 116 replacement stock

Any plans to take the stock off soon? A picture would be nice.
20201220_213954.jpg

I'm right in the middle of load dev with it. But I milled the alluminum down a bit. The dammed it up with clay around the skrew hole area and trigger and taped the stock off (kiwi shoe polish release). Gooped the epoxy in and let it cure. I basically build up foundation around the funky alluminum deal.

The mossberg experiment below got similar treatment. I kept ther stupid plastic mag box but hogged the skrew holes out and filled epoxy around the steel pillars. (Threaded lamp shade post) the mossberg actually shoots pretty good good now.

Sorry for the late response, but I ended up going with the Boyd's pro varmint. Still waiting on my barrel to come in. Once it finally does, I'll post some pics.

I ended up with the same stock and used a task file to remove the beaver tail for a more sporter style stock and then pillar and bedded it with jb weld. If you remove the beaver tail be prepared for the little back pucks covering the cross pin to fall out or be filed through. Specifically the two by the recoil lug area. I sanded through one of them and have to fill it with something now someday haha.