Savage 116 replacement stock

Barrel diameter at the end of the stock is .850" according to my calipers. The barrel is free floated, but just barely.

Attachments

• 20210526_110840.jpg
    20210526_110840.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210526_110848.jpg
    20210526_110848.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 26
Is stockade stocks still around ? I have one and it's a **** good option for a stock. Hard to believe after all these years and savages followers, that a CAD engineering genius type dude somewhere hasn't made some sweet replacement stocks for savage rifles ... with that said I have an XLR and a Boyd's and a stockade and the XLR is hard to beat.

I reached out to Stockade when I was looking for a replacement stock for my 110 flat back. Apparently they were not interested in my $$$ so I went to McMillan. Had to send barreled action to them for fitment.

You will have to search their website or call them for which ones will fit. I am glad I did, but it required a four month wait. This is the Game Warden. Their site doesn't say it fits.

https://mcmillanusa.com/stock/htg-m40a1/ They say you have to send in your action for this one, but would think if they can for one they can for another...Give them a shout. None are going to be able to give a quick turn around, unless it is in stock, which these won't be. Worth the wait though.

1624622577179.png

1624622942407.png

I reached out to Stockade when I was looking for a replacement stock for my 110 flat back. Apparently they were not interested in my $$$ so I went to McMillan. Had to send barreled action to them for fitment.

You will have to search their website or call them for which ones will fit. I am glad I did, but it required a four month wait. This is the Game Warden. Their site doesn't say it fits.

https://mcmillanusa.com/stock/htg-m40a1/ They say you have to send in your action for this one, but would think if they can for one they can for another...Give them a shout. None are going to be able to give a quick turn around, unless it is in stock, which these won't be. Worth the wait though.

View attachment 281388
View attachment 281389
Shane,

Is what you have a bottom bolt release?

Ed

No Sir,
But the HTG I posted says they can fit if you send to them. OP you need to call them to confirm what they can do.

I would think they could do the same for it as you have to send them either one. Not sure why, I think Savage had some changes in the dimensions/screw placement...and of course the bottom bolt release.

No Sir,
But the HTG I posted says they can fit if you send to them. OP you need to call them to confirm what they can do.

I would think they could do the same for it as you have to send them either one. Not sure why, I think Savage had some changes in the dimensions/screw placement...and of course the bottom bolt release.
That Game Warden looks great Shane! I've also like the HTG for a long time.

No Sir,

That's what I thought, but I cannot tell from the picture and did not want to assume anything. All but one of my Savage actions is top bolt release.

The Savage bottom bolt release fits on my top bolt release action stocks.

BTW, nice rig!

Ed

I cut my teeth in the M40, so lots of love for that stock, but it doesn't fit my face/scope fit.

OP- call McMillan. They should be able to help.