Stock or chassis

Blacklab1

First post on this site but a long time reader of things here. I'll be going on my first elk hunt in Colorado this year with an outfitter and will be hunting in area 481 at around 8'000 to 10,000 feet. The guide said shots could be out to 400 yards and the terrain can be steep and above the tree line. I'll be using a Beragra B14 Ridge in 300 win mag. but I'm not sure if I want to mount it in a Bell & Carson stock or a MPA chassis I already have. Both ways would put the rifle at about 10 lbs. but both ways have their pros and cons and I was hoping to hear from peoples personal experiences on what one works best. I can by far shoot better with one of my chassis guns in prone on a bipod or on a pack but in a situation where the shots going to be rushed like when hunting in the woods of Pa. where a deer just appears out of nowhere a rifle with a stock is a better fit for me. Soooo since it took 3 years and a ton of money to get my tag I don't want to blow my chance of filling my tag because I made a bad decision. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Whatever you shoot better. We tend to spend all our time and efforts in prepping our gear and equipment for big adventures because it is something we can control. If it were me, I would focus on getting in shape and becoming proficient with my gear. Since you dont have to scout the area, the guide will do that for you. Personally, I would get in shape and practice with the gun I shoot the best. Both are good choices.

Whatever you shoot better. We tend to spend all our time and efforts in prepping our gear and equipment for big adventures because it is something we can control. If it were me, I would focus on getting in shape and becoming proficient with my gear. Since you dont have to scout the area, the guide will do that for you. Personally, I would get in shape and practice with the gun I shoot the best. Both are good choices.
Excellent advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.