Stock for Ruger M77 MKII

AKBman

Looking to replace the stock on my Ruger M77 MKII in 300 Win Mag, it currently sports the Zytel boat oar stock. Slowly but surely I am getting this rifle where I want it. I have the trigger worked so it breaks where I want with no creep, I have been shooting it at 400-500 yards along side my 375 Ruger, still trying to get to 800 and then 1000. Purchased a Leica 1600B so I can range further than 500, now I will be shopping for a better stock.

If you want a sporter/hunting style stock You might like McMillan's Ruger Mark II Hunter.

I own two of those stocks and they are my favorite of all my McMillans. It has slight castoff, a slightly higher cheek and there is a palm swell. My two rifles are a pre 64 model 70 in 300 RUM and a Ruger M77 tang safety in 7mm/375 Ruger. Both stocks have decelerator pads and are quite comfortable to shoot even off the bench.

https://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-ruger-mark-ii-hunter/

not a lot of choises available for rugers. one thing to keep in mind while searching if you don't know it is that mark IIs and hawkeys are exactly the same and a stock will work with either.

Looking to replace the stock on my Ruger M77 MKII in 300 Win Mag, it currently sports the Zytel boat oar stock. Slowly but surely I am getting this rifle where I want it. I have the trigger worked so it breaks where I want with no creep, I have been shooting it at 400-500 yards along side my 375 Ruger, still trying to get to 800 and then 1000. Purchased a Leica 1600B so I can range further than 500, now I will be shopping for a better stock.

Not as plenty as Remington or Savage but there are very good choices out there, it just a matter of how much are you willing and able to spent.

I know lots of guys that are happy with Boyds Gunstocks

I have the same model in .338 Win Mag >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/ruger-m77-mkii-facelift-range-report-40952/

I also looking for a stock for my hawkeye 308 win . I am looking at the Houge full bed stock . does anyone know anything about thes stocks . gun) SWIPER

A sincere thanks, some good options, looks like it will depend on how much I want to spend. This gun shoots better for me at 300 than at 100, and makes 500 yard hits a piece of cake. One day it will wear new optics that exceed the 8x it wears now, and by then I am sure it will need a new barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.