Stink Bugs

We have them here in Michigan as well. Royal PITA.
Griffin just caught one and Cassie tried to eat. It did spray and now the whole room stinks and have to give treats to Cassie to get the tase out of her mouth.
Have no Idea how they are getting in the house.
Might have figured it out. Have not had a fire in the fire place yet. Can't cut carry wood with my neck. going to get some light wood and fire it up.
I remember one year the first fire we had a bunch of bugs came falling down the chimney!

We have a blue million of them here in Kentucky! My wife cleans the fireplace with a shop vac! The glass doors help but some still get in!
Yep! I killed 2 of them in my kitchen yesterday evening…….and then, of course, felt like I had to wash my hands in gasoline afterwards to get rid of the smell. Nasty little things…😡

……and as if "on cue" 😡😡😡😡 Just now saw this one.
B1A162FC-236B-45EB-B872-EB8AB4EFADB5.jpeg

We moved into a new house here in SD in the summer of 2020, going from the foothills/prarie of the Black Hills to the pine forest. We got our annual fall invasions of Box Elder bugs on the prairie, but the new house has stink bugs. The first fall was the worst, with the stink bugs covering the sunny side of the house as the days started to get cooler. Of course, those managed to sneak in and we would find a random stink bug inside even in the dead of winter. However, the last two falls have been minimal...makes me think that it's a cyclical thing with them. Not looking forward to the next peak year, though! Here's a pic of the stink bugs on my garage that fall:

IMG_5006.PNG

We moved into a new house here in SD in the summer of 2020, going from the foothills/prarie of the Black Hills to the pine forest. We got our annual fall invasions of Box Elder bugs on the prairie, but the new house has stink bugs. The first fall was the worst, with the stink bugs covering the sunny side of the house as the days started to get cooler. Of course, those managed to sneak in and we would find a random stink bug inside even in the dead of winter. However, the last two falls have been minimal...makes me think that it's a cyclical thing with them. Not looking forward to the next peak year, though! Here's a pic of the stink bugs on my garage that fall:

View attachment 423973
Several years ago when we and the rest of our geographical area got hit. I did some research and found the there was a Songbird that migrates every year and the Stink Bug is on the top of their dining list. That same year the migration and Bug Cycle was off a few weeks so there was an infestation. That's nature for you.
Have not seen too many stink bugs this year, but one in your house is too many!

I had them really bad in PA, a little less so in Virginia though. I used to shoot them with an airsoft pistol in an old apartment, made for good target practice. Now, I just try to grab them and flush them away. Maybe I could use some more target practice!