Stevens 200

jpbaker

Hey guys,

A couple months ago I bought a Stevens 200 .223. I bought it with the intention of restocking it, and picking up a new barrel for it. As it turns out, im kinda on a budget. The Choate Tactical Stock I ordered didnt fit, (sent me the wrong one!!), then would not return my messages (ebay). So, this is what I did:

1. Opened barrel channel to free float barrel

2. Installed 2 steel rods in forend to stiffen it up

3. Glassbedded it

4. Last fot rid of the nasty gray color and sprayed & Shaped grip paint on forend and grip area. (Plz excuse the paint job, my first time painting :).

As it turns out im getting just over 1/2 moa with 55gr vmax handloads. gun)

I may just leave the rifle like this after putting on a cheek riser of some kind.

Attachments

• Rifle 001.jpg
    Rifle 001.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Rifle 003.jpg
    Rifle 003.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Rifle 002.jpg
    Rifle 002.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 37
Any clue on how I can make this rifle more "balanced"?

With the scope it feels very top/front heavy. I heard of filling the back of stock with foam, but I cant see that helping much.

I filled the buttstock of my stevens 200 with foam. It didn't seem to help much, I did make my own kydex cheekpiece which I hate to brag but it rocks!!!!:D The factory stock can be made useable but I will eventually be replacing it!

Carbon arrow shafts or alum tubing would have been better than steel rods.

Any way to remove them?

Yeah they can be romoved, but considering the rifle at the range today, I may keep it the same.

I had some factory loads to use up here are the results, was a 5 shot group.

Attachments

• Rifle 007.jpg
    Rifle 007.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Rifle 008.jpg
    Rifle 008.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 15
I would suggest leave every thing like it is if you're getting groups like that! Many people pay thousands of dollars to get a gun that will group like that. I say good job on your bugdet gun that shoots that good!!

I would suggest leave every thing like it is if you're getting groups like that! Many people pay thousands of dollars to get a gun that will group like that. I say good job on your bugdet gun that shoots that good!!

Lol...2 late bro. The post thread is like a year and a half old :)...

There is the new and improved (in my opinion).... Only thing the same is the action.... shoots like a dream...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 23
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.