Stevens 200 .308

adam330

I am looking at getting into some long range shooting and was wondering if a stevens 200 would be a good rifle to build off of? What are some of the pros and cons? What kind of up grades would i need to do, new stock ,trigger etc. I can get a brand new one for 195 this is why i am asking. Thank you so much for all of your help, i am looking forward to learing alot from this site.
Thanks,
Adam

Yes, that is a very buildable rifle. You can get replacment barrels (and install them yourself), triggers, stocks, and so on. The parts are interchangable with the non-accutrigger Savage rifles. The Stevens may shoot well enough for longrange right out of the box. It really depends on how accurate you expect it to be. The only way to know for sure is to try it out. If you're willing to spend a little time and money you can make it a very comfortable, accurate, practical, and economical. By the way, that's a good deal you have available. My brother needs to buy a Stevens Long action, if you know where to get one at a god price let me know.

Here's a pic of a rifle I built off of am old-style savage (same as stevens).
018.jpg

Will you give specs on the rifle you have posted there, I am looking to build off of my non-accutrigger model 110, 270. I am looking for some upgrades for my rifle. Stock, barrel, trigger, and maybe new bolt handle.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts