Steiner 10X50 LRF Binocular and 20X80 Binocular Review

ADMIN

Administrator
I recently received these binoculars from Steiner and thought that I would do a review on each of them. I'll first start with the 10X50 LRF binoculars as these were of the most interest to me for the type of shooting that I do, tactical precision rifle competitions with most of the stages being at unknown distances. I also hunt big game in some fairly open country in NE Montana, so quality optics are a must for locating game. A very good LRF is critical for success in both my shooting as well as hunting. The 20X80 binocular has piqued my interest as an alternative to a spotting scope for long range hunting where I have the ability to spot game from base camp or while traveling the back roads in my vehicle. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Steiner 10X50 LRF Binocular and 20X80 Binocular Review, By Nicholas Gebhardt. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 20x80 stieners are an amazing piece of equipment. I think they are very light considering what they are and the optical clarity is unmatched. I have never owned a binocular so easy on the eyes you can literally sit and glass for hours without the eye fatigue associated with other binoculars and spotting scopes. With these stieners you can let your eyes do the walking. Last year we were able to put horns on a tiny little coues deer spike at over 1200 yards. Amazing glass!

I've used Steiner binos for 20 years. I believe that the focus system where you focus both lenses to your eyes is extremely good for your eyes. It makes them work. At the end of hunting season, my eyesight is noticeably better. The hot trend in binos is roof prisim design. They have have more moving parts, cost more, and give away one of the important features of porro prisms. The porros increase your stereo vision, and make items standing on a slope stand out from the slope, making it easier to spot game. The new predator binoculars also enhance the brown colors, making it easier to spot early season deer, as well as elk and Barbary sheep. The only complaint I have with Steiners is that the eyecups sometimes fall off. I've had two pairs now where one of the rubber cups came off on a hunt. I also don't like the cups that are scalloped to block the light. I prefer the even ones. But I can't imagine hunting with anything else.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.