Start of case separation??????

So I have a 6.5 creemoor and I've been reloading with lapua brass. So far with this brass I've done load development and have had some pressure signs. I'm on my third firing with these. Last firing I seen these rings and shot them anyway. Nothing happened and I am happy with the results. My question is. Am I sitting on a ticking time bomb? Should I scrap these? I checked the inside with a paper lip and felt nothing.
What powder and bullet are you using?

Gee...you mean this line.....yes..they are ready to separate...
I lost 34 at one time...only one separation...no marks beforehand.....running my feeler rod inside I could feel the ring all around the brass....
Good choice to be rid of the problem...
So you were either ahooting really hot loads...or brass previously shot in another rifle.... 0414201019.jpg

So I have a 6.5 creemoor and I've been reloading with lapua brass. So far with this brass I've done load development and have had some pressure signs. I'm on my third firing with these. Last firing I seen these rings and shot them anyway. Nothing happened and I am happy with the results. My question is. Am I sitting on a ticking time bomb? Should I scrap these? I checked the inside with a paper lip and felt nothing.
Do you have one of the cameras that you can feed into the case to get a physical look at the inside of the case?

Gee...you mean this line.....yes..they are ready to separate...
I lost 34 at one time...only one separation...no marks beforehand.....running my feeler rod inside I could feel the ring all around the brass....
Good choice to be rid of the problem...
So you were either ahooting really hot loads...or brass previously shot in another rifle....View attachment 204357
Why the seperation so high on the case? I've had it happen on my 7mm RM but much closer to the case head.

Why the seperation so high on the case? I've had it happen on my 7mm RM but much closer to the case head.
It is where it is...no idea in my head...but it's the same on all the 34 brass....now 35...
Rather it not happen at all....if I remember I was on 5th firing of 100 cases...
But I have backup brass now...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.