StaBall 6.5 & fouling

slikmrc

I've been working on a load with this powder and 165 gr NoslerAB in a 30-06 AI. Ran the bore scope to see how the barrel looked and was surprised to see zero copper fouling in the bore. Think I have 28 rounds fired since the last cleaning. The barrel is a Lilja three groove and has been easy to clean. Got an old 30-06 that coppers up pretty bad, think I'll try this powder in it. I'm getting good speed with no pressure and pretty good ES with the AI load, clean burning powder is definitely a plus. Hodgdons copper fouling reducer seems to be working with this load.

Hodgdons copper fouling reducer seems to be working with this load.
Is hogdon making the powder for winchester?

Either way thats great its working good. I use the cfe blackout and my brother was using cfe 223 and yes they do keep a cleaner bore. Noticeably.

I haven't got enough testing on the enduron line-ups. But the 8133 is probably going to be getting some use in my 26 shnozzler when the stock arrives...

With Hodgdon owning Winchester,IMR and Ramshot now I just figure it is different product names for the same company. I can see where that could be confusing. My BIL is using CFE-223 in a couple of rifles and has had good luck with it keeping the barrel fouling down. He did say he works up his loads for shooting in hot weather as he uses these rifles for gophers and prairie dogs. Said the CFE-223 powder is a bit temp sensitive.

Is hogdon making the powder for winchester?

Either way thats great its working good. I use the cfe blackout and my brother was using cfe 223 and yes they do keep a cleaner bore. Noticeably.

I haven't got enough testing on the enduron line-ups. But the 8133 is probably going to be getting some use in my 26 shnozzler when the stock arrives...
Hodgdon has never made powder but they own winchesters powder line as well as western and imr powders

Hodgdon has a licensing agreement with Winchester I believe. Also think they are a private family owned company. I do know they do a great job of getting load data out on new powders and new cartridges. Seems like they have load data out before the ink is dry on new cartridge SAAMI drawings.

Hodgdon has a licensing agreement with Winchester I believe. Also think they are a private family owned company. I do know they do a great job of getting load data out on new powders and new cartridges. Seems like they have load data out before the ink is dry on new cartridge SAAMI drawings.
They also have an exclusive agreement with ADI to distribute their powders here as extreme powders. This is what they do, distribute. They are a family business and I remember talking to Bruce Hodgdon many years ago. of course their good at getting data out, they are selling powder and it don't sell without data. Bruce started out buying up railcar loads of surplus powders after ww2 for resale.

4451 does an awesome job keeping copper out of my barrels from Barnes bullets. 4166 works well also. I test a lot and bore scope often checking this.