Spartan/Javelin bipods

Bought a Javelin last year and now have 2 hunting seasons done with it. Had no problem ordering or getting questions answered and the product is outstanding.
Thank you very much for the feedback! You can always reach out to me if you have any questions. Hope you have some good luck this fall šŸ˜ƒ

I ordered a spartan bipod at the end of spring bear season this year and took it on several hunts. Ordered through the UK website and it took about 10 days to get to AK. I did have one of the adapters break but they responded quickly and immediately sent me a new one at no cost (and it looks like the new one has fewer cutouts than the old adapter). The system doesn't hardly weigh anything and I can use the long sticks I got with it when I'm hunting in deep snow or taking very elevated shots in high country. Would absolutely recommend if you have the scratch for it.

Attachments

• PXL_20201025_174618989.jpg
    PXL_20201025_174618989.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
I ordered a spartan bipod at the end of spring bear season this year and took it on several hunts. Ordered through the UK website and it took about 10 days to get to AK. I did have one of the adapters break but they responded quickly and immediately sent me a new one at no cost (and it looks like the new one has fewer cutouts than the old adapter). The system doesn't hardly weigh anything and I can use the long sticks I got with it when I'm hunting in deep snow or taking very elevated shots in high country. Would absolutely recommend if you have the scratch for it.
Thanks for the shoutout and feedback! Nice job on the moose too. Is that a Christensen rifle? How do you like it?

It is a Christensen! I like the weight and the full sized muzzle break. I was shooting a Kimber 8400, also in 300 WSM and within an ounce of the Christensen (7lb 10oz) but the recoil was significantly less comfortable and I had to wait longer shooting strings for the skinny barrel to cool. It also cycles better than the Kimber and the triggertech on it breaks like a dream.

On the downside, the Christensen tends to pressure up at pretty low loads, usually a few grains over minimum, and it's sometimes too hot with factory ammo. It also seems to get more POI shift as muzzle velocity changes than I'd expect from a carbon wrapped barrel. The velocity isn't bad and the accuracy is fine though, I just make sure I'm sighted in at the temperature I'll be hunting. It's worked fine for deer and bear out to 500 or so and this moose was at 370.

All that said, I'm moving to a custom build as soon as the barrel comes in from Straight Jacket Armory.

It is a Christensen! I like the weight and the full sized muzzle break. I was shooting a Kimber 8400, also in 300 WSM and within an ounce of the Christensen (7lb 10oz) but the recoil was significantly less comfortable and I had to wait longer shooting strings for the skinny barrel to cool. It also cycles better than the Kimber and the triggertech on it breaks like a dream.

On the downside, the Christensen tends to pressure up at pretty low loads, usually a few grains over minimum, and it's sometimes too hot with factory ammo. It also seems to get more POI shift as muzzle velocity changes than I'd expect from a carbon wrapped barrel. The velocity isn't bad and the accuracy is fine though, I just make sure I'm sighted in at the temperature I'll be hunting. It's worked fine for deer and bear out to 500 or so and this moose was at 370.

All that said, I'm moving to a custom build as soon as the barrel comes in from Straight Jacket Armory.
Thanks for the rundown on your experience with them. They sell a custom branded version of our bipod, so I'm always interested in learning more about our partners.

The Spartan 300 is NOT a good hunting bipod. I got with the Spartan folks at SHOT 2019 and they traded me for a different model. The new adapter pods are different because they don't work with the 300 which is no longer available to the public. Spartan has treated me well.
I used my bipod equipped rifle to shoot a couple of nice blackmail on Kodiak this fall.

Why don't you buy American? Magpul makes a good one that will attach to hunting rifle sling loops.
We're working hard on getting manufacturing and distribution in the US. It's been amazing how many hoops you have to jump through, but it's coming šŸ˜ƒ

Do any of you have a Spartan 300 bipod or a Javelin? Where did you buy it and are you aware of any dealers in the US?

I can't get a straight answer out of the UK on these things.

I have their bipod and have brought it on every hunt in recent years. Also have their tripod which is also very nice.

The owners are super helpful and responsive.

I believe the product is good but their website and customer (prospective) support is abysmal. I tried to order and get a couple of questions answered and after 4 days someone responded back and partially answered one of my questions and then would never respond again. I was hoping for a US dealer that could actually answer some questions and stock the accessories. That is my biggest concern. Once I have the bipod and need additional adapters etc that I cannot get them in a timely fashion or shipping will be prohibitively expensive.
I put a bipod in my "cart" and it didn't tell me they were out of stock yet the email I got back said they would be back in stock in a couple of weeks. I'm just scratching my head here.

I am surprised and disappointed to hear this. My experience with them has been consistently excellent. I have their carbon fiber bipod and tripod along with various adapters and other parts. Everything purchased directly from them.

The owners have always been super helpful via email. They have also been at SCI every year in recent years.

I have their bipod and have brought it on every hunt in recent years. Also have their tripod which is also very nice.

The owners are super helpful and responsive.
Thank you for the kind words! I'm so happy to hear you've had a good experience šŸ˜ƒ

Why don't you buy American? Magpul makes a good one that will attach to hunting rifle sling loops.

It has nothing to do with American, it has to do with quality and design
The Magpul model is a shell of the spartan, they are that good

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.