Some Piece of equipment you feel is overly hyped

Hammer bullets
Nightforce Scopes
Kuiu
Anything PRC
All at once! 😂
1700925018591.jpeg

I will say this that it is very hard to tell how good a scope is by just picking it up and looking at something across the store. To see the real difference a guy needs to take it outside and look at something at distance with some sort of solid rest
I'll add to this...

In the light and terrain you expect to use said optic

Sitka camo clothing ! I mean come on....is it really worth 4 times, the price?

Edit: And any other 'bougie' clothing made for the ski slope pub. i.e. Voormi, Icebreaker
My Icebreaker merino base layer had umpteen holes in it by Virginia when I backpacked the A.T. That was less than 2 months! Not meant for everyday.

Last edited:
My 300 RUMs love the stuff, and my 25-06's give the best speeds with 110 NAB and good groups with it. As for LilGun, I get good vels and groups in a couple of my revolver and carbine magnums, and it performs great in a compressed load in my 9x23's. But YMMV.....
Yes my 50 Beowulf loves LilGun....

A little off track, but throwing this one out there…

YouTube shooting and hunting videos. Not really equipment, but it leads to a lot of overthinking and overhyping things.

People think they can be 1mile shooter if they buy the stuff from the video and go to the range. The videos rarely explain the practice, tuning, and range time it takes to shoot far.