Some Piece of equipment you feel is overly hyped

Scent killer sprays. They are a tool.and they do help to a degree,but a wise old whitetail just needs one molecule to end up in the next county. I read that a black bear has a way more acute sense of smell than a deer. Play the wind or play alone!
My grand dad used to say that a deer knows what you had for breakfast that morning but a bear knows what you had for breakfast 3 days ago

Retumbo and Lil gun powder. Never had good luck with them.

Bushnell scopes (high end).

I'd throw superformance in with the list. Admittedly retumbo works great in my rum. They are touted as miracle powders, and to some extent they are. But often in such a narrow band width that it takes stars aligning for it to live up to the hype. We tried a 300 wsm superformance load and tested 4 bullet weights. On on very specific weight it shot good and got us the pixie powder fps gains. But did very poorly on both performance and accuracy for the other weights. This was duplicated across 4 other cartridges and many bullet weights. Out of about 4 lbds of powder we found precisely 2 loads in 2 cartridges worth replicating. Never struck out that much with something like 4350.

Borescope
Amen to this, my brother bought me one a few years back. We promptly stuffed in to every rifle I'm the safe... at one point he exclaimed "yup that's rifling" with a bit of a smirk. Hasn't darkened the bore of a rifle since... however it has been shoved in almost every piece of broken machinery you can imagine to confirm that I am able to kill everything from Detroit diesels to Parker hydraulic pumps...

Retumbo and Lil gun powder. Never had good luck with them.

Bushnell scopes (high end).
My 300 RUMs love the stuff, and my 25-06's give the best speeds with 110 NAB and good groups with it. As for LilGun, I get good vels and groups in a couple of my revolver and carbine magnums, and it performs great in a compressed load in my 9x23's. But YMMV.....

I'd throw superformance in with the list. Admittedly retumbo works great in my rum. They are touted as miracle powders, and to some extent they are. But often in such a narrow band width that it takes stars aligning for it to live up to the hype. We tried a 300 wsm superformance load and tested 4 bullet weights. On on very specific weight it shot good and got us the pixie powder fps gains. But did very poorly on both performance and accuracy for the other weights. This was duplicated across 4 other cartridges and many bullet weights. Out of about 4 lbds of powder we found precisely 2 loads in 2 cartridges worth replicating. Never struck out that much with something like 4350.

Amen to this, my brother bought me one a few years back. We promptly stuffed in to every rifle I'm the safe... at one point he exclaimed "yup that's rifling" with a bit of a smirk. Hasn't darkened the bore of a rifle since... however it has been shoved in almost every piece of broken machinery you can imagine to confirm that I am able to kill everything from Detroit diesels to Parker hydraulic pumps...
Same here

My 300 RUMs love the stuff, and my 25-06's give the best speeds with 110 NAB and good groups with it. As for LilGun, I get good vels and groups in a couple of my revolver and carbine magnums, and it performs great in a compressed load in my 9x23's. But YMMV.....
25-06, Retumbo, and 110 NAB is the bee's knees.