Some have all the luck

szeitner

I was at the lumber yard this afternoon, when a good rancher friend of mine came in. First thing, he wanted to know if I wanted a half of a beef, then we started bs'ing. I've hunted his ranch several times, it's south of here in the Custer Forest...lots of mulies, whitetails, elk, and coyotes....an occasional bear, etc.

He was geting ready to check out after buying some gifts for some neighbors, and said, "hey Scott, go look in the back of my outfit"......well, I thought the dummy had brought in that beef, but when I went and looked, well I was surprised to say the least. He had a 148 lb tom mountain lion laying in the bed.

It was a huge cat! Mike said he was out feeding cattle this morning around 10:30am, and the cat was up a tree, so he dusted it. We have a quota of 30 in this area, and his was #6, so 24 more to go....I think I better get in and buy a lion tag from my wife!

My secretary took a photo, and as soon as she emails it, I'll try to get it posted.

Scott

lol, still trying to figure out how to email it to me from my cell phone...pm me a cell and I can send it though....I am a challenged man!
Here you go.
mailgooglecom.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.