Solus 7mm-08

moses42ak

I built a 7mm-08 for my daughter to run. Built? How about procured an action, barrel, chassis etc and put it all together. Got a shouldered pre-fit barrel from PVA, spun it on and checked headspace. Assembled? Let's say assembled. Yeah, assembled. The intent was to "build" another one for me, so we could spend a day at the range and not break the bank. We have steel from 300-810 (ranged at 814) yards. Her rifle shoots. Best 5 round group at 100 yards, with a pulled shot, is .468.
Onward to my rifle. I called PVA in December and picked up another Solus with an OBW barrel (same as the other one), 26" MTU contour and it wears an Omega 300. I got the brass fire formed and started playing with seating depth. Played around and settled on 2.218 CBTO and got a .316, 5 round group at 100 yards.
Now, I know what you're saying. There's no way you can feed a round from a magazine let alone close the bolt on a Solus but I swear you can! They even go bang when you want them to and don't when you don't.
All joking aside, we have 850 rounds on one setup and 130 on the other and both have worked flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_9583.jpeg
    IMG_9583.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9568.jpeg
    IMG_9568.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 26
I built a 7mm-08 for my daughter to run. Built? How about procured an action, barrel, chassis etc and put it all together. Got a shouldered pre-fit barrel from PVA, spun it on and checked headspace. Assembled? Let's say assembled. Yeah, assembled. The intent was to "build" another one for me, so we could spend a day at the range and not break the bank. We have steel from 300-810 (ranged at 814) yards. Her rifle shoots. Best 5 round group at 100 yards, with a pulled shot, is .468.
Onward to my rifle. I called PVA in December and picked up another Solus with an OBW barrel (same as the other one), 26" MTU contour and it wears an Omega 300. I got the brass fire formed and started playing with seating depth. Played around and settled on 2.218 CBTO and got a .316, 5 round group at 100 yards.
Now, I know what you're saying. There's no way you can feed a round from a magazine let alone close the bolt on a Solus but I swear you can! They even go bang when you want them to and don't when you don't.
All joking aside, we have 850 rounds on one setup and 130 on the other and both have worked flawlessly.
Nice, good work.

Recent Posts