• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD PF** 270 Allen Mag Barrel, Wildcat Bullets and Dies

jett

I have for sale:

- 270 Allen Mag 30" Barrel with less than 100 rounds fired
Chambered by Kirby Allen, with Defensive Edge muzzle brake

-Complete die set purchased from Kirby with the custom build

-169.5 gr. Wildcat bullets, 270 caliber, quantity 600

-195 gr. Wildcat bullets, 270 caliber, quantity 877

195 WC.jpg

169.5 WC.jpg

270 Allen mag stuff.jpg

barrel close up.jpg

allen mag barrel.jpg

The bullets will first go with the barrel to the extent the purchaser buys them.

$1,700 for the package

Re: 270 Allen Mag Barrel, Wildcat Bullets and Dies

Lilja Barrel for a Nesika Model M action

Less than 100. The break in procedure as outlined by Kirby was strictly adhered to.

This was my first wildcat cartridge and I learned real quick that I was a "shooter" and not a "reloader"!
I simply found the entire fire forming process just too tedious for my time schedule at this point in my life (read 4 kids).

jett,

If you consider breaking up the package I'd be interested in a couple of boxes of the 169.5s

Wouldn't wanna hog 'em all. . .

I'm amazed that it took so much time to fire form. It's been a couple of years since I've fire formed and I shoot fairly frequently.

Should you decide to break up the package, I would be interested in the 195 grain bullets.

PM sent.

I am not familiar with the allen mag what is the expected barrel life and what are the velocities for the 169.5's and 190's out of this rifle

I am not familiar with the allen mag what is the expected barrel life and what are the velocities for the 169.5's and 190's out of this rifle

This classified as an extreme magnum with performance well beyond most shooter's expectations.

As such the Allen Magnums are developed for hunting. When used as intended the rifle will last several shooter life times.

My personal 270Allen Magnum was ridden long and hard and still lasted well over 900 rounds. It's problem was that it was way too much fun to shoot. Bustin' ball cap sized rocks out 1500 yards was addictive. Being able to spot the impacts only added to the desease. :)

I ran the 169s at 3400 plus and the 195s at 3200. With the new barrel, same chambering, I've moderated the velocities a bit. Still good for what ever I want out to 1500 yards.

I shoot only 169.5 Wildcats. 150 Bergers and Noslers work well also but have much lower bc.

All in all it's one heck of a cartridge.

Keep in mind it's a wildcat and needs to be treated as one. Such as, use ball powders only.
W