• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 270 Allen Mag SOLD

hoghound

I am proud to announce the 270AM Thump Monster is sold. No need to say pending funds as the gentleman that now owns her is a member of this board and is a class act of his own and to be respected by many here.

I also want to pay recognition to the folks who took the time to read the posts and responded with questions and offers. I deeply appreciate the conduct and commemoratity of the members of this board helping others out wether they are just starting out in this sport of ours, or the seasoned salt (who used to know that, but has seemed to have misplaced the file somewhere).

Thanks again guys
Tim

I'm the proud new owner of Texas Tim's 270 Allen Mag. Less than three months reading this forum and I had to have one.
My rifle arrived yesterday, kinda surpried me. We are having some nasty March weather and I all but gave up on the UPS man making it up here.
Anyways its all that Tim said and more, from the heavy duty case it came in to all the Wildcat bullets and brass that accompanied it.
Hadda get a scope on it, a Zeiss 4.5-14x44mm for now so I can try it out soon as it quits snowin' and blowin'.
Tim was a pleasure to deal with start to finish. A true gentlemen, excellent communication that kept me well informed on all shipping details.
Plus he shared with me his load data to date and we had time for a couple good chats. Now I have to convert that Texas sea level loading data to NY conditions.
Already working on extending my range from 618 yds being my farthest target butt to around 750-800 yds. Not sure of the distance yet, still enough timber in the way that I can't range it.
Hope you don't think I'm enjoying this !!!!
Phil

Phil, thanks for the kind words. I know your proud of her and I'm proud for ya. I'll help you out anyway I can and I know others will jump in as well Like Mike/Tx, Roy in Idaho, Kirby, and can't leave out Ol Buffalo Bob and other Allen Mag owners.

Just remeber when you dance with her. Hold her tight, shes not polite. Hold her light, youl get some tonight. (free recoil).

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
Phil, thanks for the kind words. I know your proud of her and I'm proud for ya. I'll help you out anyway I can and I know others will jump in as well Like Mike/Tx, Roy in Idaho, Kirby, and can't leave out Ol Buffalo Bob and other Allen Mag owners.

Just remeber when you dance with her. Hold her tight, shes not polite. Hold her light, youl get some tonight. (free recoil).

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that I'll be able to remember
Phil