• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 270 Allen Mag

hoghound

I have a Kirby Allen master piece for sale in 270Am. She has a 150rds down the pipe with proper barrel brake in procedure. She will group the 169.5's .123 and the 195's .075 at 100 yards by the shaky ol' man I am. The reason for me selling her is to fund another project with Kirby.

Rifle specs.
Rem. 700 action fully accurized
30" S/S Fluted Lilja barrel
Shawn Carlock brake
Reciever Teflon Coated by Shawn
H-S Precision Brown with Black web
Jewell Trigger
N/F 20 MOA 1 piece rail
N/F .885 rings
N/F 3.5x15x50 NXS Scope with NP-R2 reticle

I will throw in a $200.00 Aluminum Black powder case with the deal as the rifle will not fit anything else, trust me.

I will deliver the complete rifle in case anywhere (ONLY) in the state of Texas for free.

Complete rifle with free case $3860.00
Rifle less scope with base/rings/case $2710.00
Rifle less scope/base/rings with case $2440.00

I will send pics on request if serious. She is a beauty!!! ask Mike/Tx or Kirby if you like. You can e-mail me at
[email protected]

Good Luck Tim

Is Brass ane or any bullets come with the rifle? What is magazine capacity or is it a single shot? Also what is the rifle wieght?

Tim, what are you having Kirby build? Did you get the 338 Allen Mag FLU like me. I sold my 6.5x284 to fund my 338 Allen Mag project. Anyway, this post will keep your rifle at the top.

Tim, I put my 6.5x284 on BenchrestCentral.com and it sold in about a month. Good luck, I hope you sell her soon.

Wildcat

jwp475, yeah I guess we could let the brass go along with a couple of hundred 169.5's. On the mag capacity, I have never stacked any rounds in there to she what she would hold. I would suspect 2 and maybe 3 with 1 in the pipe. Mike and I weighed both of our rifles...seems like I remember his was 14 and mine was 12lbs.

Have a good day Tim

Wildcat, I am wanting Kirby to build me another 270AM on a little different platform. I love this round and what it offers to the shooter. Shooting the 195's will hang with the 7AM with the 200grainers I'm almost sure of it.

Have a good day Tim

This is a nice rifle. IF anyone wants a legit 1K rifle that is relatively light with alot of power and no recoil, this one would be hard to beat.

Here are some pics of the rifle that I took before I shipped it to Tim.

1021270_AM_right_rear-med.jpg

1021270_AM_right-med.JPG

1021270_AM_left_front-med.jpg

The rifle is wearing a Burris 4.5-14 in these pics, not the scope the rifle is being offered with.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Well I can say that the rifle shoots **** good, and not sure what the laws are but would wager that a couple of boxes of loaded ammo might be arrainged to go with the the package deal. Probably a box each of the 169.5's and the 195's along with the load data to crank out more of them.

The case is one from Cabelas, it is welded and has a lockable rod which goes the full length through all of the hasp. The details can be found here, Aluminum Case

There might be a better hard case out there but finding a good one worthy of putting a rifle like this in, is hard to do. This particular case has enough room for the rifle, a couple of boxes of shells, a cleaning rod, Harris bi-pod, and probably a few other items like binoc's, rangefinder, and possibly a spotting scope, depending on how you stack it in. I managed to squeeze my .270 AM, along with my cleaning rod, my Ruger Compact 308, and my Harris bi-pod in mine and had a little room left over.

This is a hell of a package and hunt ready. IF I had the funds I would have bought it myself, and don't think I didn't consider it. Then I would have had one for each bullet weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif or as my wife put it, one to hold up each end of my tent, not sure she was referring to hunting though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nyles, If you are interested I will work with you on the price for just the rifle and still throw in the case.

Later Tim

Just how am I gonna come out there learn to shoot some pigs way out in yonder land, if Your waiting on Kirby to build you a new gun? Let me figure a counter offer! You coulda done this on the Email!

As soon as Hair gets my check I will have him send the 338edge barrel to Shawn and I will send him my 300Rum to become a new rifle. Meanwhile I'll sick Kirby on my new 270AM project.

I have a couple more LR smoke poles I can shoot and have access to another 270AM when my partner Mikie/Tx ain't looking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The e-mail part...I R a Redneck, I do good to just be able to hunt and peck out the letters and that ain't no s--t ask Mike he will tell ya. Plus it had the pics of the rifle. I don't know how to post pics yet. Mike is the gooru on that part.

Later Tim

Hmm? Here is what I want....

#1 Fifty to check his emails....so we can figure out exactly what I was going to build will cost me. (by the way I have a estimate on a **** fine gun by him with lots a $$$ parts thats really close w/o your scope. Really but this one is YOURS....... many like it but that one is Yours.......).

#2 gun only (those are expensive rings and bases save em for your new gun).

#3 2 boxes ammo 50 count

#4 Your dies ( I wont be so rough on the how many you put in those boxes)

#5 The case

#6 Kirbys policy on his guns changing hands (No matter who pays for em and uses em they are all his). Just incase I was to hurt it!

Put the right #'s to that Ill pay complete shipping I guess your FFL with insurance ($50?? bought right??) to mine.

The only reasons Im even thinking about buying yours is the fact that #1 it is so very very close to what I want two things I would have done differant and love it till I die.....thats a varmit stock in brown....I want sporter in Sand or an A-3 in Desert Camo........#2 Use a Lawton action and come up somewhere between Kirby's Med wieght 7AM and yours. Or keep my money till the 300EX is ready and use the lawton M7000.

THE REASON I WENT THROUGH ALL THAT IS I DONT WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE. AND THAT THIS WILL PROBABLEY BE THE ONLY 100% CUSTOM GUN...... I EVER BUY I WANT IT PERFECT.

OH! 1 OTHER REASON THIS ONE COULD BE HERE THIS WEEKEND!

REMEMBER ITS USED AND YOU HAVENT HAD A BITE IN 4 MONTHS....

BTT

Rifle less scope/base/rings with case $2,000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tim