• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD PF*FOR SALE: L.H. 270 Allen Magnum built by Kirby Allen of APS-**SOLD PF**

ss7mm

DSC03075.jpg
DSC03078.jpg
DSC03095.jpg
DSC03096.jpg
DSC03072.jpg
DSC03080.jpg

For Sale: 270 Allen Magnum

My lifelong best friend and hunting partner died last summer and I'm selling this gun for his wife.

• Savage left hand 110 action trued and trigger work done by Kirby Allen of APS
  • Nesika 3 groove, 30" barrel chambered for 270 Allen Magnum
  • Holland QD muzzle brake
  • Holland recoil lug
  • McMillan left hand Hunter stock w/Decelerator, 50% dark gray, 25% black, 25% white
  • Flush cup and stud on forearm and flush cup on butt. There are two flush cups on the front as McMillan screwed up and spaced the stud and flush cup for a bipod only. Because of the Pod-Loc a second flush cup was added.
  • Sightron 6-24x50 scope w/duplex reticle, sunshade and flip up scope covers
  • Harrix Bi-pod w/Pod-Loc and sling
  • Includes an Aluminum hard case
  • Scopelevel
  • Weight as shown is 13.75#

Price, shipped to your FFL or face to face in Washington State is $1,995.00. No Trades!!! REDUCED TO $1795.00

Kirby Allen of APS did all of the work on this gun.

The sale price includes approximately 95 empty fire-formed cases. I will anneal them before selling. I will also include load data to get you up and running. I also have 32 new, unfired or used, 7mm RUM cases that you can fireform and use for the 270 AM.

Included is a set of Redding dies w/micrometer seater for the 270 AM.

As near as I know the barrel has about 500-525 rounds through it. He was shooting the 140 Accubonds in it and accuracy was outstanding. The gun has killed several deer. I've seen him take magpies at 400 yards with it.

There is a small mark on the sunshade plus a small mark on the scope as shown in the pics.

For a face to face sale to a Washington State resident I will drive half way to meet you for the sale but I will require a $500.00 down payment before hand. This is because I drove one time for a sale but the supposed buyer never showed.

Any sale to a non-resident of Washington State will be a FFL to FFL sale and the gun will only be shipped after funds clear.

More pics in next post.

Last edited:
Re: FOR SALE: L.H. 270 Allen Magnum built by Kirby Allen of APS

Does the rifle function as a repeater?
Willing to sell sans scope?

No repeater....single shot only which isn't a problem with a long range rig.

Might consider selling sans scope for $1,595.00

Dick, Sorry to hear about your friend. That leaves a big hole in the lives of those left behind. I wonder what he's shootin' now? That is a sweet rifle. Having worn out a barrel in that cartridge I say that it has quite a bit more than half of its life left. If used for taking game, as it was designed, it will last several lifetimes. When Kirby gets finished with testing of the new Berger 170 class offers, if they pass the test that rifle will come into its own. The 140s and 150s shoot really well but poop out around 1400 yards. Like that's a problem! My longest shot is with the 150 BT @ 3550. I had nearly a thousand rounds, about 950 through her when she went south. I was able to pick up another 270 AM barrel from a member here and am back in bidness. This rifle is a good one. Magpies @ 400. Whooo Hooo.

Thanks Roy. He was the kind of friend that will always be missed but he'll always be around come hunting season.

Don't know what he's shooting now but I'll guarantee you it's accurate and never misses. :)