Softball Size Exit Hole on Yote

Called this one in a couple months ago. 246 Hammer Hunter at a little over 100 yards out of a .338 Edge. She was quartering to and shot right behind the right shoulder. This is the exit side.

Attachments

• IMG_4106.jpeg
    IMG_4106.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 157
Thats 1 heck of a hole!!

A 110gr vmax in a 30-06 will do some bad things to a big hog out to about 300yds and they will dang near cut a coyote in half at that distance. Learned that as a kid!

My father bought some factory 110gr "vmax" style loads probably 30+ years ago in the attempt to reduce recoil in a 30-06 he had me shooting. I was about 10yo and 75lbs when I shot a central Texas spike whitetail and completely removed the off side shoulder ONTO the side of a salt cedar. Looked like red spaghetti everywhere lol. Needless to say those cartridges were never used for deer hunting again but I've stored the mental image of the carnage for the last 30 years.

Awh, a little care as you finish skinning her out then a little stitching from the back side and a bath before stretching her and comb it won't even show. It's amazing what you can do with a good sharp curved needle and some dental floss pulling the fleshy edges together smooth and not too tightly.