Yote gun on a budget?

The lady is very happy. I just got offered a new job (this very minute) as the foreman on the ranch I work on. Includes a house (rent free) and a very good pay. Part of my job is predator control :D. I just said to her "Now I need to buy a new gun." She just smiled and said "Yea, huh:D." I will have something like 1800 acres to shoot on!

It's not a done deal yet. Fingers are crossed that it all works out.

The lady is very happy. I just got offered a new job (this very minute) as the foreman on the ranch I work on. Includes a house (rent free) and a very good pay. Part of my job is predator control :D. I just said to her "Now I need to buy a new gun." She just smiled and said "Yea, huh:D." I will have something like 1800 acres to shoot on!

It's not a done deal yet. Fingers are crossed that it all works out.

Yes, and now its tax deductible as an un-reimbursed job related expense!;)

Now you're thinking! And binoculars, camo, calls, decoys and a blind!

See where this is going? You're probably going to need a new truck to patrol the property too!

I have binocs and camo. Have haystacks to shoot from, no blind needed. I'd imagine with all the calves around decoys will be pointless, although I've done o.k. with a stuffed animal and fishing line.

The truck comes with the job. Along with a motorcycle and horses.

I was just being practical :D. I would have room in the house to start hand loading.lightbulb

I have not read through all the post here. But If I was to only have 1 yote gun It would be the 22-250. NEver really couted but I have shot a lot of dogs with one. You hit bone or make a marginal shot and any gun will leave holes. I have 223's as well, they are great but the 22-250 shines past 300 in comparison. I skin all my yotes and have found a good load for my 22-250 that is not too bad on them. Not sure if you want a light carry gun or a heavy barrel. Savage is hard to beat price/group sizes they produce. Yotes are tough for there size, and the 22-250 puts them down for good as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.