Slow start to the 2014 season

Tikkamike

I have only had my bait out for 12 days but as of yesterday still nothing. There is a ton of snow and the game warden said they suspect the bears are sleeping late this year due to all the snow. I believe it, because we have a female quota of 8 and we are half way through the season and only one has been killed. I dont know anyone who has had any action on their baits, Hopefully this next weekend they are up and looking for food. I have almost 300 lbs of feed sitting in my barrel waiting for them to show up!. I did have some elk and coyote pics on my bait which was kinda cool... I guess I will take that as a constellation prize. Anyone else been having any luck on bears? I have a buddy in Idaho that has had a few encounters and a few being taken in montana as well I hear.

On May 4th In North Idaho I was able to take this bear at 558 yards with my Defensive Edge 338 Edge and 300gr Elite Hunters recovery was less than 20 yards.

Attachments

• 20140504_193029.jpg
    20140504_193029.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 125
Finally got some bear action! I havent been in to check the camera because I havent been able to get there in the morning ( i dont like to go in the evening cause I dont want to bump/fight a bear) I will be going up again tomorrow night to sit on the bait then my buddy brian will be here friday and we will hunt this weekend and next week for a few days if need be

git' er done Mike! I've waiting on your "no big deal, just another trophy bear" thread. I Always look forward to hearing about your bear season.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.