Simple Survey Here Please?

DocUSMCRetired

Just wanted to get a feel for the community. I am tracking some surveys, and wanted to see how you guys felt on this particular question. What I would like to know is, who is your most trusted source for BC information. Not what app or product do you use. But what manufacturer or resources do you trust the most? Thank you:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7K83NSV

The survey only allows you to choose one.
I trust at least three sources for info.
All of them I have proved with my own drop data.

I'll tell ya!!! The schoolyard, mine is better than yours ****in match that I have witnessed lately, is getting old, and I think this industry is above that..

Roll with the changes or get left behind is how I roll!!!

The survey only allows you to choose one.
I trust at least three sources for info.
All of them I have proved with my own drop data.

I'll tell ya!!! The schoolyard, mine is better than yours ****in match that I have witnessed lately, is getting old, and I think this industry is above that..

Roll with the changes or get left behind is how I roll!!!
Same here. Where available you can't beat Brian's work but he hasn't got data for every bullet made.

I have faith in the number's Hornady is producing with their doppler testing.

I'd love to find a good outside source for the Peregrine bullets because to this point they are the only bullet I've ever shot that seems to shoot better than the numbers should allow.

Hornady with Doplar radar. Most technologically advanced way of measuring BC. I trust Litz's numbers as well but Hornady has an edge on him with their radar capabilities.

I don't understand the point behind this survey though? I agree with gohring3006, the "I'm better than you" stuff is getting old. Everyone needs to do their own thing and stop worrying about how everyone feels about them. I agree Litz does some great testing to verify or prove how some bullets perform. But that doesn't make AB any better than Hornady or Sierra, who's BCs have always been spot on for me.

I don't see Nightforce or Bartlein commenting on here asking who makes the best scope or barrels. Leave it to the customer base to form their own opinions and don't ask them who they trust or who is the best. Ask them how they feel about Applied Ballistics numbers and how they can improve or whatever. Don't make it a Chevy vs. Ford argument, because that never ends well and is unnecessary. Just how I feel about it.

Another survey from AB crew that results cannot be seen.
Pretty easy to "say" what you want the results to be that way.
Just like you saying ELR community is in favor of classifying ELR based off TS/SS with 2 to 1 poll numbers,YET based off thread comments across multiple forums those results seem way way off.

You guys have great product....just leave it at that in regards to marketing aspect. Don't market how great it is off of a blind poll.

Did you post this survey on the hide as well? Like your other one.

THEIS

Last edited:
Same here. Where available you can't beat Brian's work but he hasn't got data for every bullet made.

I have faith in the number's Hornady is producing with their doppler testing.

I'd love to find a good outside source for the Peregrine bullets because to this point they are the only bullet I've ever shot that seems to shoot better than the numbers should allow.

Those are coming in the next update.

Another survey from AB crew that results cannot be seen.
Pretty easy to "say" what you want the results to be that way.
Just like you saying ELR community is in favor of classifying ELR based off TS/SS with 2 to 1 poll numbers,YET based off thread comments across multiple forums those results seem way way off.

You guys have great product....just leave it at that in regards to marketing aspect. Don't market how great it is off of a blind poll.

Did you post this survey on the hide as well? Like your other one.

THEIS

It was already stated that those results would be shared. Sharing them every moment would require an update every 2 minutes. I will post them, when they have had a chance to settle.

Hornady with Doplar radar. Most technologically advanced way of measuring BC. I trust Litz's numbers as well but Hornady has an edge on him with their radar capabilities.

I don't understand the point behind this survey though? I agree with gohring3006, the "I'm better than you" stuff is getting old. Everyone needs to do their own thing and stop worrying about how everyone feels about them. I agree Litz does some great testing to verify or prove how some bullets perform. But that doesn't make AB any better than Hornady or Sierra, who's BCs have always been spot on for me.

I don't see Nightforce or Bartlein commenting on here asking who makes the best scope or barrels. Leave it to the customer base to form their own opinions and don't ask them who they trust or who is the best. Ask them how they feel about Applied Ballistics numbers and how they can improve or whatever. Don't make it a Chevy vs. Ford argument, because that never ends well and is unnecessary. Just how I feel about it.

Hornady is not the only one with a radar. More than 6 companies have Radar for testing BCs.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.