Simple...right?

Win Tom

So, in December I attended the National Peacemaker Long Range Challenge in WV, and was instantly hooked.
I took my bone stock Winchester model 70 in .264 win mag, topped with a Leopold scope that had been my hunting rifle for many years before retirement for a 6.5 creedmoor a few years ago.
The competition is set with 25 stations, and known distances. You are allowed 3 shots per target (75 total). If you ring steel you do not have to shoot the 2nd or 3rd time.
The stock gun, while accurate, was understandably unremarkable at distances from 650 to 1050 yards...but I did score several hits (pure luck!).
After the match I decided to build a gun, specifically for this challenge on what I considered a reasonable budget of about $2k. Using the action from the original model 70. A new heavy barrel (1 1/8"), a trigger job, a new pillar bed stock, and topped with a ATN 4x Pro scope with a 1500 yard auto ballistic calculator (realizing this is an open shoot, so anything goes!).
Thoughts? Im excited to see how it does at the next shoot, as Im waiting for my action and new barrel to arrive.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts