Silicone socks for in safe storage

birddog 68

Hello all, I have decided to put my Smith & Wesson official police 38 into the safe for safe keeping. It's been a home protection revolver living in the bedroom for over 20 years but decided to get something different for this role.
I don't have or have room šŸ™„ in the safe for a pistol rack so was thinking of putting a nice coat of oil on it and placing it in one of the silicone socks. I will periodically wipe it down.
I know this isn't a high dollar revolver but it's in good shape for a early 1940's pistol and would like to keep it this way.
I'd like to hear from others that have used the socks or maybe there's something else that I should look into?
Thanks for any assistance.

I've used the silicone socks for years to do just that protect my rifles. I have a couple of grandpa's rifles from 2 grandfather's that don't leave the safe much but they are in great shape due to being in those silicone socks. They also prevent and scratches as my safe is a bit full. Definitely use one with some sort of dehumidifier.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered a couple for pistols and a few for long guns.
Don't let the impregnated sock touch on your rubber butt pads....
The touching made my Simms get gooey..
Thanks for this tip. I bought a model 700 years ago and the pad was gooey. I guess this is possibly what had happened to it.

I forgot to mention that I do have a dehumidifier in my safe.
I use old worn out tube socks when they get holes in them. Wipe the pistol down with some oil. Put it in the sock. I have even put them in a ziplock baggie or the gun case. No problems yet. But I get mine out about once a year just to see how there doing. Usually they still have some oil on. They might not have the fancy colors. But I found another use for my worn out socks. That is after you wash them.