Sightron 8-32x56 LRIRMOA - What do you think ???

robbobsam

Looking for a scope for my new long range varminter, the rifle will be used for knocking over varmints at 100-600yds, I have been looking at Sightron and like the look of the 8-32x56 LRIRMOA model. Do any of you guys have experience with this scope, if so could you share your experiences please ???

I have seen the concerns raised about the old first focal plane models but this new scope is second focal plane which has rectified the problem with the reticule being too thin, especially now that the reticule is illuminated.

[ame]https://youtu.be/iB2IKausAeE[/ame]

I had an 8-32x56 S-III LRMOA on a 300RUM and thought it was a fine scope. Good glass & tracked well. The side focus was a bit tight but worked well. I sold it to fund a NF comp to use for LR BR.gun)........................................:)

I have one on my 6.5 Sherman. It is second focal plane. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. As stated above the parallax adjustment is WAY TO HARD to turn. I would not have a problem buying another one.

I have 2, one on a custom 338 RUM and the other on a custom 300 RUM. I am very pleased with both of them and unless I was competing I would buy another. I think they are the best value out there.

I've had multiple, not illuminated though, very much worth their cost, that nightforce benchrest would not be bought over the SIII for me.

great, I left the SIII for a try at ffp and now run a Bushnell XRS with the h59. The sightrons glass from 26-32 power beats the xrs from 26-30.

The Sightron SIII's give you exactly what you pay for and perhaps a bit extra in the glass image quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts