Sig tango 4 vs Zeiss V4

westcoasthunter

I'm looking at getting a new scope I have a 4-16 Zeiss V4 and really like it. But I was thinking about trying the sig tango 4 . Does anyone have experience with them? I shoot out to 400-1000yards will be used for hunting and target practice.

I've got a Sig Tango 4 on a 6.5-284 Norma. It was my first FFP scope. It's reasonably clear and I like the illuminated reticle. It track well and looks snazzy but the zero set is cumbersome. Also the turrets are stiff and the elevation turret sinks down into a detent that is a little hard to pull up out of. I usually leave mine dialed up 1/4 minute so I don't have to pull up on it to dope up. Overall it's OK but I'm not sure I'd buy another one.

Best,

YZ

I'm looking at getting a new scope I have a 4-16 Zeiss V4 and really like it. But I was thinking about trying the sig tango 4 . Does anyone have experience with them? I shoot out to 400-1000yards will be used for hunting and target practice.
Did you ever grab that Tango 4? I'm looking at the same scope and would love some real world feedback! I understand it's not high end glass but if it tracks reliably then it might be just the right scope for what I need.

Not a direct comparison, but I have a Tango 6 1-6x24 FFP with the MOA Milling reticle.
It is an absolutely rock-solid piece of hardware. Remarkable optical clarity at all magnification levels, excellent low light performance.
Once I set my zero on the dials, adjustments are lickety split with their markings.
I have not tried it past 300 and have complete confidence it would perform as long as the magnification is suitable for me.
Personally, I do not care for illuminated reticles because most don't get low enough where they do not affect your sight at low light. The Sig does get low enough.
Their Motach motion sensor to shut off the illuminated dial has saved me replacing my battery dozens of times.
The only complaint I would have on it is the weight.

Not a direct comparison, but I have a Tango 6 1-6x24 FFP with the MOA Milling reticle.
It is an absolutely rock-solid piece of hardware. Remarkable optical clarity at all magnification levels, excellent low light performance.
Once I set my zero on the dials, adjustments are lickety split with their markings.
I have not tried it past 300 and have complete confidence it would perform as long as the magnification is suitable for me.
Personally, I do not care for illuminated reticles because most don't get low enough where they do not affect your sight at low light. The Sig does get low enough.
Their Motach motion sensor to shut off the illuminated dial has saved me replacing my battery dozens of times.
The only complaint I would have on it is the weight.
Thanks for that feedback! At 20.5oz, the weight of the 4-16x is one of the big selling points for me. Generally speaking to get similar features in other scopes you're getting up to and over 28oz which would put me over 10#. I'm not too concerned with a 10.5# rifle, but if I can keep it under 10# and still have a feature rich and reliable scope (tracking specifically) I'd be a happy guy ... still just trying to determine if the Tango 4 fits the bill or not.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20200611_093921.jpg
    20200611_093921.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 162
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.