Zeiss V4 vs Sightron S111

I have many years with Sightron SIIIs and the have performed flawlessly. Glass is great, tracking is great, reticle is ok(wish it were 1 vs 2 MOA). The V4 is just as nice but with a better reticle and zero stop. I do not have near the time behind the V4 but tracking is spot on. The only thing I obviously can't comment on is long term longevity.

I don't own a Zeiss HD5 so I can't do a direct comparison. I do own a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 that I purchased a year ago and I am totally happy with it. My feeling is that if you stick with the SIII's you will be fine. I also tried to save a buck and bought a SII that I currently have on a rimfire and I am not very pleased with it at all, in fact the first chance I get I am going to do what you did with that S-Tac.

The new s3 have zero stop and I agree on the reticle, I wish it was 1moa and could even have a Xmas tree style below crosshairs

Yes, I should have specified Sightron does have a zero stop model now available. I have not seen any on the street. It is an outdated setup. They are still playing catch up in that department. It will work I am sure but it will not be as nice as the V4 if that part is important to you.

I can't comment on the Sightron as Ive never even seen one..........

but own 6 of the new Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 and one 4-24x50, most are Z-Plex or the Z-MOA(2 Moa hashmarks) reticle and all have the Zero Stop turret, I prefer the Z-Plex crosshairs for hunting, I have one of the Z-BR graduated Christmas style reticle on one coming in the mail,

The scopes are tough as nails, the zero stop turret tracks spot on as Ive done a box test and it returned the 5th shot to the same hole on a 4moa box test,

The optics are among the best of any scopes out there, we ( 5 guys) did first and last light tests on 6 scopes, Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 30mm, VX5 HD 3-15x44, VX6 HD 3-18x44, Zeiss V4 4-16x44, Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x50, Zeiss V6 3-18x50,

and the Zeiss were the best(preferred) in low light tests, crosshairs were visible the longest into the dark, Swaros disappeared at last light ? one fellow preferred the leupold VX6 HD crosshairs.

Optical clarity/brightness was preferred on the Zeiss overall, in the daylight the clarity on the Swaro was as good but brightness was not as good as the Zeiss

CONS- slightly heavy for an all round hunting scope if your backpacking,
4-16x44 22oz, 4-14x50 24oz
6-24x50 ZMOA crosshairs( 0.14 line thickness at 24x) a tiny bit heavy at the range out at 300 yards and beyond(4-16x44 ZMOA2 0.19 line thickness at 16x)

overall one hell of a scope for the money, I have pretty much switched most of my rifles I use over to them.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.