sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

I know some lieca owners won't be happy...but I would confidently say that this is significantly better than the lieca overall, better than the Bushnell 1 mile, and I would like to see a comparison of ranging ability to the G7. I KNOW it doesn't compare to the G7 with its ballistic profiling, which is way awesome and I wish I had one, but I would like to see them compared in ranging ability on different objects at different ranges.

Set up yesterday on top of a hill with a couple friends and our long range rigs, and started glassing for rabbits. Was able to easily range rabbits out to 1200 yards in snow covered sagebrush and fields and make hits...absolutely awesome, and for under $500...NOTHING compares in this price range, hands down.

For $1,300 less, I will HAPPILY do my own ballistic calculations on strelok, applied ballistics, shooter, or some other app on my phone (I use strelok) instead of paying for the G7, especially when I can range over 2000 yards with the Kilo, and its smaller and lighter than my old Bushnell scout 1000. I wanted one, but I can't bring myself to pay that on my budget when I could build another complete custom rifle for the price of a G7...

Not knocking the G7, its an awesome unit and I wish I could afford one, but for the majority of people in todays economy, sadly it's just not possible. Now, with the Kilo, being able to afford a quality rangefinder that will deliver the demands of a long range shooter is FINALLY possible.

Thanks to Sig for stepping outside the box on this one.

I'm a Leica 1600 owner and have range objects well beyond 2K yards but also happy that Sig Sauer Kilo 2000 RF is working as advertised or better.

Here is a review my local gunshop owner did. I know the leupold isn't the best but thought I would pass it on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 118
Picked mine up last week (Kilo 2000), to replace my Bushnell 1600 ARC.
The SIG is unbelievable, easy hits at 1200 on a very light brown stucco house, hillside trees at 2010yds, reflective hits at 2700 (stop sign) and when I come back and re-range them they are consistent within 1 yd. The refresh rate is unreal, I was literally ranging cars coming up the road from 700yds, to 4 yds(!) and back out, in real time.
I have even managed to range power line wires at 412, I mean, seriously?! For the money, I just can't believe how accurate, fast and powerful it is. I can't wait to take it out and really stretch it in the desert.. It's just,,,Crazy.

So for those that have the 1600B how far has anyone been able to range a deer, antelope, or elk. I not talking about ranging the tree or rock it is standing beside but the actual animal. The Sig is really looking like a serious range finder that actually comes in at a way better price. I watched a lot of video's on the 1600B and its small beam divergence compared to others was what I liked. It really seem to hit the mark provided you keep it steady. But the quick scanning on the sig seem to be really good and it hit the mark just as well from the video. If it had a try pod adapter that would be a nice bonus and the 1600B tripod holder is over priced. I think I could build something much cheaper.

So I went to Sportmans today looking for some Christmas Retumbo Ha ha ha none found but then I thought about the Sig and there it was in the case for 499.00. So I asked to see it and started ranging around the store. It was funny that I had to cant it slightly when ranging which seem to make the beam somewhat more leaning to the 5pm'ish as stated a little eairly on the post. Also I got out the Leica 1600B. About the same weight and the clearness of the optics were about the same as I could tell in the store. The 1600B is slow with ranging. I start ranging some of the animals and every thing that I could. One thing I noticed real quick is they were giving different ranges. This seem odd to me. I got out the vortex ranger as well. Sig back of store 41 yards. Vortex range 41 yards. Leica 38 yards. WHAT!!! Then I ranged some stuff that was close up like 22 yards. Same with the Vortes (I like the crosshair), sig 22 yards, Leica 21 and 20 yards...Same test same results.....***. this was very discouraging for the Leica. I asked to see a Nikon and it gave the same range as the Sig and Vortex but not the Leica....Now I don't know if this Leica had been mishandled at some point or what. No indication of a low battery. Not sure if there would be any reason that it should be ranging different than the others or does it need some type of calibration since I think someone said they read pressure and give you an adjusted range. Just not sure. Anyone have any thoughts. Also the 499 c0mpared to the 799 is a nice option.

So for those that have the 1600B how far has anyone been able to range a deer, antelope, or elk.

I compared the 1600B w/the Sig on cattle. They were quite close in comparison with the advantage going to the Sig with it's rapid scan rate and one cow that was partially visible that the Leica wouldn't range.

Note that my experience shows that cows of different colors range differently. That is black is hardest to get a reading with lighter colors being more consistent.

So I went to Sportmans today looking for some Christmas Retumbo Ha ha ha none found but then I thought about the Sig and there it was in the case for 499.00. So I asked to see it and started ranging around the store. It was funny that I had to cant it slightly when ranging which seem to make the beam somewhat more leaning to the 5pm'ish as stated a little eairly on the post. Also I got out the Leica 1600B. About the same weight and the clearness of the optics were about the same as I could tell in the store. The 1600B is slow with ranging. I start ranging some of the animals and every thing that I could. One thing I noticed real quick is they were giving different ranges. This seem odd to me. I got out the vortex ranger as well. Sig back of store 41 yards. Vortex range 41 yards. Leica 38 yards. WHAT!!! Then I ranged some stuff that was close up like 22 yards. Same with the Vortes (I like the crosshair), sig 22 yards, Leica 21 and 20 yards...Same test same results.....***. this was very discouraging for the Leica. I asked to see a Nikon and it gave the same range as the Sig and Vortex but not the Leica....Now I don't know if this Leica had been mishandled at some point or what. No indication of a low battery. Not sure if there would be any reason that it should be ranging different than the others or does it need some type of calibration since I think someone said they read pressure and give you an adjusted range. Just not sure. Anyone have any thoughts. Also the 499 c0mpared to the 799 is a nice option.

Maybe set on meters.

If I recall it was on yards but I can check this out again next week. I still want to wait a while before I make a purchase by once cry once. If I had the money I might would by the BR2 maybe. I would like to see how well the br2 does against the sig. I know there are also better range finders out there but the cost is outrageous stuff like what the military uses or comerical users. I seen some that range out to something like 5 miles but the price if I recall was about 10k. Anyways buy the sig and spend the rest on getting my gun action trued.

For anyone that is looking for the Kilo 2000, I just got an email from savingslots.com saying it is back in stock, they are $415 shipped, I have never bought anything from this website but that's the best price I have found. Just thought someone might like to know...

SIG KILO2000 LSR RF MONO 7X25
SIG KILO2000 LSR RF MONO 7X25
Online Firearms Retailer | Rifles for Sale Online | Ammunition for Sale | Advanced American Arms
https://advancedamericanarms.com/ki...7x25mm-2000-yard-graphite-finish-p-89162.html
Sig Sauer Sauer KILO2000 LSR RF MONO 7X25 SOK16701
https://www.richiespng.com/product.php?item=416339

These were some of the cheaper places I seen. I Got mine for Christmas. I can say with what little time I've had to play with it I'm very impressed. I ranged a coyote at 847 yards on the move Buildings out to 2200 plus yards no problem. We'll worth the money in my opinion.

its because the leica comes pre-set to range in meters. you have to manually change that in the settings.

I'm going to try and get back down there again the week to check this out. Need a couple of more over time days and possibally could make a purchase of one or the other. Its still a hard decision. I do like the speed of the sig.

I also did a little comparison at Sportsman's recently with the Sig, Leica, and Bushnell G-force. I was only interested in the optical performance. The Bushnell and Leica were similar in color with the Leica probably just a little clearer - remember I was doing this in the store. However, the Sig appeared to lighten the color of some shaded objects. I couldn't tell if there was a light blue-gray cast over everything or if in fact it was lighter (i.e., brighter). However, there was definitely a very different appearance with the Sig. Anyone else notice the 'color' cast by the Sig?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.